sony STR-AV310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sony STR-AV310

What caught my eye was 63Strat's post: "My STR-AV970X used to cycle on/off and then slowly turn its volume knob all the way up to ten slowly as if a ghost was doing it". (If your last setting was on a radio station, my 1070 would do it in the middle of the night and scare the crap out of me!)

When I recieved this used 970, the first thing I did was open it and tighten all the grounds, already knowing that issue from my previous 1070. I'll give that another shot, try the polish up or hard wire method.

I'd love to be able to find if there actually WAS a Sony bulletin on this!

Comment

Re: sony STR-AV1070

My STR-AV1070 has problems of not turning off.
      The vertical circuit board behind the volume knob becomes disconnected from the horizontial main board on the bottom of the amp. Behind the volume knob, if I squeeze the amp bottom and top together in the middle of the right side of the amp, it connects the 2 boards together and you are able to turn the amplifier off.
      I can only guess what other controls this solution can fix because the Vertical board behind the volume knob being disconnected from the Horizontial main board should not happen.
      Take the top cover off and you can see where the 2 boards connect. the vertical board is connected to the volume control and the on/off switch.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X