Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 42PF7421D/37 Chassis EL1.1U AA - 2 long, 5 short blinks no display

Phillips - Model 42PF7421D/37 - Chassis EL1.1U AA

No display - 2 long, 5 short led blinks - is this error code 25?

I've downloaded the training manual and chassis manual from another thread. Lot of information to try to digest.

I see no visible capacitor issues - fuses checked and are ok.

Any tips on voltage check points would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Phillips 42PF7421D/37 Chassis EL1.1U AA - 2 long, 5 short blinks no display

The standby +5.2 volts on plug IM46 pin7(see page39) should be there becaue you have the error code being flashed.
    Check if you also have +8V6, +12V on the SA2 standby board (see page 151)
    Do you here any relays click when you press the power button?
    Last edited by R_J; 01-04-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Relay does click when i hit power button; red led flashing stops; but no display or backlight activity. If I hit power button again; relay click, and red led flashing resumes.
      I will check the voltages tomorrow morning. Thanks for the references and page numbers.

Comment

So you could just have a backlight issue? Does the backlight flash once when first turned on, also can you see an image if you shine a light (torch/flashlight) at the lcd screen? You may need to hit the menu button to give a image.

Comment

Observed voltages - I would measure, toggle the power button as well.

1M03 - to 1J02 - B01B Supply
          9 +5V2-Relay-IO2_PWM - observed +5.3 goes to +5.4 when relay click
          4 GND

1 >1v, 24v with relay click returns to >1V
          2 >1V, 24v with relay click returns to >1v
          3 nothing
          4 nothing

1-2 +12_24v (expected) - observed 0, +24v with relay click, returns to 0
          3-4 +12v (expected) - observed: 0,+12v with relay click returns to 0

1305 A1 LCD Supply
          1-2 +5V2 (expected) - Observed: +5.3v
          3 ??? - observed: +5.3v, but drops with relay click, returns back to 5.3v

1-5 +12V_24V (expected) - observed: 0, +24v with relay click, returns to 0

1317 To Display
          1-5 +24V_2 (expected) - observed: 0, +24v with relay click, returns to 0
          1.5v, 24v with relay,1.5v

1-3 - 0

1 +5.3v
          2 +5.3v
          3 +5.3v, with relay click would drop, return to 5.3v

1M02
          1 observed: >1V, -18V with relay click, returns to > 1V
          2 observed: >1V, -18V with relay click, returns to > 1V
          3 0
          4 0
          5 observed: >1V, +18V with relay click, then returns >1V
          6 observed:>1V, +18V with relay click, then returns >1V
          7 0

1M01
          1 0
          2 +2V, when holding power button drops to 0, letting off the power button returns to +2V
          3 0

1M21
          1 +1.2-1.3V
          2 0
          3 +2.7
          4 jumps around 0 to +2.7V
          5 +5.3V constant
          6 >1V, with power jumps to 2.7V

Comment

I have only witnessed the backlight flash once; as I was testing applying/removing power at different intervals. I don't believe that the display is working and that it's a backlight issue, I have not witnessed anything on the display with a flashlight.

Comment

Do you have +8.6Volts (+8V6) on pin3 of 1M46? It seems all the other supply voltages are ok but the standby control ic is turning the tv off. I never did like Philips, they complicate the shit out of a simple tv.

As for the backlights, I would inspect both of the inverter boards, I suspect there is a problem either with the inverter or maybe a bad ccfl tube. and the tv detects the problem and shuts down
              I know Philips has had problems with the caps on their smaller inverter boards
              Last edited by R_J; 01-05-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Is Phillips using a Sharp panel or uses the same error codes as Sharp? If true, then I suggest that you go here:

Could it be related to this?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48477
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Not the same problem, The codes are not related.

Comment

OK, thank you.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The diagram I am referencing is below

1M46
                      1 GND
                      2 GND
                      3 NC
                      4 NC
                      5 NC
                      6 NC
                      7 +5V2 STBY - observed: +5V3
                      8 NC
                      9 +12V - observed: 0, goes to +12V with relay click, then drops
                      10 NC
                      11 +12V - observed: >1V, goes to +12V with relay click, then drops

1M03
                      1 BCKLIGHT CTL - observed: 0V, .1V with relay click, then drops
                      2 NC
                      3 LAMP ON - observed: >1V constant
                      4 GND
                      5 NC
                      6 NC
                      7 STANDBY 0(3.5V) - observed: +3V5, with relay click would drop, then return to +3V5
                      8 NC
                      9 +5V2 STBY - observed: +5V3 constant
                      10 NC

I also tried disconnecting 1M02 to eliminate audio amplifier - same result 2 long, 5 short red led flashes

Comment

I also observe ~+165VDC on connector 1306

Comment

connector 1306 is just the main 160vdc voltage from the bridge rectifier. Did you have a look at the master and slave inverter boards?

Comment

I looked at the top side of the inverter board next to right speaker - didn't see anything wrong; I've tried operating with the right-hand disconnected; and the left-hand disconnected; also tried disconnecting one side; then the other on the TConn - same results - red flashing; hit power button twice to get relay click

Comment

I've checked the fuses on the inverter boards and they are fine.
                              Did notice that if I unplug 1304/1309 and plug in the power; that the red led flashing switches to 6 quick flashes.

Comment

Working...
                              X