LG 37LE5510 Sound gross distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 37LE5510 Sound gross distortion

The sound output from DTV is white noise crackle with some barely audible audio behind it, which is grossly distorted. Sounds like an old vinyl record being played way too slow (best description I can give). I'm assuming something has gone wrong with the audio processor.

I turned off all audio 'enhancement' features to eliminate that. Did a factory reset of audio settings. No difference.

I ran the internal audio self test. Sound is PERFECT! (Not sure what the internal self check actually tests, but the problem is outside whatever it goes through.)

I then subsequently played a video via the USB input and that sounded as it should, albeit out-of-sync with the videa, but that is not necessarily all that uncommon in my experience. 9Going to try the HDMI port to see what that goves me.)

Haven't opened her up yet. No immediate clues from looking around the internet.

Anyone had similar experience that can shed some light?
    Last edited by dkneyle; 12-28-2019, 10:25 PM.

Re: LG 37LE5510 Sound gross distortion

HDMI port also has same defect. I'm obviously suspecting a mainboard fault, probably bad solder joints, most likely solder balls on main chip/s. I note this mainboard is mentioned in some posts for being notorious for failed solder ball arrays.

Comment

Working...
    X