Evga 122-ck-nf68-ar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evga 122-ck-nf68-ar

Have a motherboard with bad brown and gold (GD (M) )Samxon caps. Bulging by the Memory slots/Power connect from psu and by the PCI-e slots.

This is from one of my favorite clients. Extremely nice guy. Huge gamer. The board wasn't even overclocked and the caps still failed. I am going to put in a faster Core two for him and OC it to make him happy.

Have two questions:

The rest of the caps are Rubycon, green samxons. NO bulging but should I replace them too since its going to get OC'ed? Replace The little ones and the Big or just skip since they are so much better?

Trying to get the best replacements.

Specs for the Failed Samxon GD (M) are Impedance 18 and Ripple 1760 (2220 on taller ones)

Relacements form Digikey :

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...?KeywordSearch

One is 19 Omh other is 9 Ohm. The 19 is 5000 hours vs 2000 for the 9 Ohm. Ripple is 2.18 and 2.88 Is the 9 still better for this application with shorter hours?

There is a polymer one too.
    Is that overkill for this motherboard? There isnt much air flow where its going and it would replace the one that is bulging the most. Its ripple is 5.56 and ESR is 10.

Apologize for the noobishness of the post. I really want to do the best for this board and for the guy. He has sent me some good referrals in the past and want to repay him best I can.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Evga 122-ck-nf68-ar

Originally posted by DigitalStone View Post
    The rest of the caps are Rubycon, green samxons.
    Are the green Samxon labeled GF? If yes, they are a bad series and will fail sooner than later.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yep sure are. Thank you! Hate to get it all working then have to pull the board a few months later.

Comment

Bump for the forum being back online.

Comment

The link to your digi-key replacement doesn't work. What's the voltage and capacitance?

EDIT: The ones I think you're describing are 1500uF 6.3V Samxon GD series. The only GFs on that board are the really small ones, so I doubt if they will be a problem.

Replace the bad GDs with https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=136

The polies would work in thoery, but they won't fit - they are physically bigger than the original ones.
          Last edited by c_hegge; 07-07-2012, 03:32 AM.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X