This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, my name is German, I'm an Argentinian guy living in US, I love electronics devices, and I'll try to fix everything. I was searching for a schematic and google brought me here. I didn't look it out much but it seems like a good place to share and get value info.

Comment

Lg problem 50pv400

First of all Hello to everyone, Im new here. Im trying to help a friend that has a lg 50pv400 model. Is tv turns on for about 5 seconds then turns off.
      I plug 2 light bulb in serie from the vs and the gnd . It turns on for about 5 seconds and then shuts down. When I unplug the main board , the power stays open. Anyone got any idea what I can check next. Thanks.

Comment

Just wanted to say Hello and introduce myself.

I have been into Electronics, repair, and design since I was basically 8 Years old. I was also in the Navy as an Advanced Aviation Electronics Technician. Currently I am a distinguished engineer working for News Corp. Dow Jones which is basically the Wall Street Digital Network.

Been building PC's and writing software for the last 20+ years. My first computer was an Apple II Plus. How exciting was it to get your first 128k memory card which was basically the size of a mini ITX motherboard but more rectangular.

Anyways,

Hi hope to contribute and also ask a few questions myself.

Comment

Hello, I'm Kyle --- I own a guitar pedal building company called ValveFX in California and i've been fixing consumer level electronics for years now.

Comment

Hi everyone. I found this forum while searching for a repair of a Samsung TV. While the standard power supply cap replacement was not the issue, someone did post a pic of a tantalum cap that went bad on theirs. Sure enough... that cap had puked all over the back of the board. A quick and easy job of replacing the SMT cap solved the problem.

Thanks to everyone posting on here!

Comment

Hello All.
              My name is Scott, Married with 2 Teenage boys and we live in central NewHampshire.
              Well it looks like there's quite a few pros in here. Some of you guys have mad creds.
              I am more of a do it yourselfer/tinkerer. I was a Mercedes Benz Tech by trade for 25 years and recently made a switch to work for a biomed company repairing and servicing lab equipment. I've always had an interest in electronics but never had any formal education in that area.
              Ive found over the years that its sometimes worth it to open up a component and give it a visual. Fixed quite a few module on cars that way, usually solder joints.
              I found this site while looking for more theory and information on SMD component designations. I'm looking forward to learning more about diagnosing at the component level to be able to repair boards.
              As far as skills, i'm pretty good with a DMM and have used the occasional O scope as well. Soldering skills are ok as well.

Comment

Good day to all,

This is my first post. Originally from Milwaukee, born and raised. There for 33 years, moved to the Silicon Valley in 1980 for another 30 and now retired living in AZ the past 7 years. I chose a completely different career path from electronics but became interested in electronics as a little boy playing with the magic eye of my parents radio. Got involved with crystal radios in 1955, helped restored a junk upright TV console about the age of 8. My next door neighbor 3 years older then me was a genius at electronic theory and helped me along the way. Saw color television for the first time in 1956 and was hooked by the colors.

I have been a collector of micro televisions since the 1960's and also collect radios and interested in audio equipment. I also currently own four roundie colors sets, the oldest a RCA 21CT55. I have a personal website displaying my collections. Hope to "talk" with you guys and learn from you.

Comment

Hey everyone good to be here

Comment

hi people, who is from Ukraine?

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm eugene from Phillipines. I regestered in this furom sometime ago but did not make my first post because I already found what I'm looking for at that time.

BTW, I am a communication electronics technician with no much experience.

I just find this furom very useful and helpful to somebody that needs assitance like me.

BR

Comment

"forum" instead

Comment

Hi I'm MickyLuv from UK,
                          I used to fix domestic PCs for a living, mainly software problems but also swapping out hardware components. Nothing very technical.
                          There don't seem to be so many domestic PCs about these days, so I'm going to learn TV repair, as well as I'm able.
                          This looks like a really good forum for advice, so please treat me kindly, I'm very new to the development of this skill,

Regards,

MickyLuv

Comment

Hi there,

I am a computer guy primarily who is just starting to learn electronics. I've been fixing/selling/upgrading computers for 20+ years now, and it has always irked me that I know how they work, but not the electronics that make up the components. I knew a few things but very little. I've recently been teaching myself and have gathered some nice equipment (ongoing process obviously), but far from knowledgeable about how to use it.

Through my shop I repair primarily computers. Lately I've been repairing LCDs by changing obviously blown caps, and sometimes motherboards. Basically if that doesn't fix it I'm lost, but I'd say 90% of the time it does, so far.

However it's the ones that aren't easy, that you learn from, which is what has brought me to discovering this forum.

I'm hoping to learn more about electronics, diagnostic methods, etc. to
                            further improve my skill set, abilities and just general knowledge.

Comment

Hi!

Greetings!

Since young, I have the habit of tearing things apart (and most of time having problem putting them back). Whenever I failed in 1 repair job, I eagerly look forward to the next one. I guessed I am becoming a hoarder.

With age catching up and having more free time, my appetite for such "thrill".

I hope to learn from everyone here. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi,
                                My name is Michael.I am from Italy.My experience in electronics is for 5years at the Nokia service.Now I am service laptops mobile phones.I work more with apple products.In my free time I play tennis, I go to the mountains and to the sea.I love my family.I like dogs and cats.

Comment

Meu nome é Carlos

Olá bom dia a todos, sou do Brasil e novo nesse Forum, sou técnico em informatica e espero contribuir com minha experiência em reparos.

Comment

Hi there.
                                    I'm an electronics engineer who do ocasionally some notebook/laptop/desktop repair work on the side.

Started a few months ago, so most of my repair results could be better (in time delay and diagnostics profficiency) for lack of familiarity with the components at board level, despite having all the electronics hardware background on my side.

Looking for to learn quite a lot of other people in the trenches.

See you around.

Comment

Hello there

Joined up to try and fix my TV and in the process learn how to fix these things.

Comment

Hi, I'm Heather. From NYC. Happy to have found you all so I can learn more about my electronics and how to keep them working. Thanks!

Comment

hi friends am new here.
                                          i have a Samsung Accidental MICOM Upgrade problem so help me plz.
                                          samsung ledtv ua27d500nr.
                                          after upgrading micom my tv is dead so plz tell me how to recover.

THANK U

Comment

Working...
                                          X