This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all,i'm from Romania,looking for solutions to repair PSU and fix computer errors,my actual hobby.Medium experience i would say,i hate throwing away old electronics.

Comment

Hi,been a member for a long time (join date aug 2008),almost found my trouble shooting by surfing different post and comments,now i need to post a question but unable to do so, i have a popping message saying i dont have the privileges.need help please
      Last edited by claudem; 11-20-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Greetings form Poland!

Comment

Hi, I stumbled across this forum. I am hoping to find help with a tv problem. Thanks. Rob

Comment

Hi!

I work in repair of mobile phones and other electronic devices for over 10 years in Portugal!

Hope learn and give some help to other people!!!

Comment

Hi, I'm from New Zealand. I found this forum while trying to find information on resolving an issue with an Alienware 17 R4 [Which I hope to create a post for]. Interestingly enough I replaced bad caps at a previous job; Pentium 3 and Pentium 4 motherboards for ATMs that were plagued by swollen caps.

Comment

Hi People!

Comment

hey everyone, my name is julian alzate, im from colombia and im an IT technician. I started working in this field 8 years ago as a freelancer. now Im still working and learning new stuff everyday. Im trying to learn board repair and I've seen this forum that has really useful stuff, but you must be registered for must stuff sooo... here I am. Im hoping this forum becomes a useful tool for learning and for having fun has well

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Robson Lima. I always liked electronics and hardware my first contact was in 1986 with IBM pc AT286 64KB Ram expirably 128, had to take a while back 10 years later had already thrown the old IBM in the trash, comrei a 486DX4 100 8MB HD 640MB. For reasons of force majeure I have already stopped and returned several times to the segment. I hope to add with the friends of the forum. Sorry, I do not speak English, I'm using google translator.

Comment

Hello everyone
                      Name is Vlad, live in Milwaukee. I am a biologist by trade - do research. Like tinkering with all sorts of things, clocks, cars, computers. Few years ago had a busted eppendorf centrifuge in the lab. Figured that a rusted lock causes a burned ic on power board. Fixed that. A neighbor asked to check his broken TV and I was able to fix it as well. Enjoyed learning electronics and working with soldering iron. Here I am, joining this club.

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Milan Djukic, I'm from Serbia.
                        I'm software engeneer and I'm interested in electronics.

Comment

Hello to all members.

My name is Janez and i am a new member.
                          I like to repair electronics and i search for new experience.

Comment

Hello Im Vogon Jeltz, don't worry I'm not here to build interstellar freeway. I'm just here to fix PCs.

Comment

Hello, I'm nicolas and I like pasta, came to this forum to seek help for a motherboard repair :^)

Comment

Hi, guys. First of all, thanks for all your help with posting board views and schematics. I might be not posting much but I always follow your threads and suggestions for quite a while now. My name is Sergio. And for now I live in New Zealand. I fix Apple stuff, mostly. And majority of my repairs are the laptops. I don’t drink alcohol at all and I’m not a vegan). BTW, I’ve got a question to ask about Gmux IC switcher made by Lattice but I’m not sure where to post it. Just need help with choosing the correct programmer adapter. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                  A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
                                  Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
                                  Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
                                  hi there

Comment

Hi. My name is Alex. I am not a professional repairer, but an amateur enthusiast, and I need to recover my pro macbook.

regards

Comment

need bios bin for toshiba portege z30-a1168 bios bin file

Comment

need bios bin for toshiba portege z30-a1168 bios bin file plz

Comment

Hello,
                                          New to this with some electrical, electronics background.
                                          Have a plasma TV I would like to fix.
                                          My day job is Telecommunications and cabling.
                                          My Hobby is basement programmer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X