HP OMEN 15-en0013dx BIOS Unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP OMEN 15-en0013dx BIOS Unlock

This BIOS has a password on it. I don't know how to find the password section in the editor and I need the password removed so the laptop can boot.

I've tried going to HP's website and getting a fresh BIOS but I cannot get a .bin file out of the executable that HP provides. I've tried using UniExtract but it doesn't give me a bin file; only another executable.
    Attached Files

Re: HP OMEN 15-en0013dx BIOS Unlock

Originally posted by ResoluteHawk View Post
    This BIOS has a password on it. I don't know how to find the password section in the editor and I need the password removed so the laptop can boot.

I've tried going to HP's website and getting a fresh BIOS but I cannot get a .bin file out of the executable that HP provides. I've tried using UniExtract but it doesn't give me a bin file; only another executable.
    look for another chip on the motherboard... the password is not in the chip you posted..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

The only others are the vBIOS chip and the EC Chip; I've already looked in the EC chip and I don't see anything, unless I don't know what to look for (which is very likely).

Part number is L99867-601
      Board number is DAG3ECMBCD0 REV. D
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ResoluteHawk; 05-29-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Here you are:
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

If possible I also would like to know how it was done so I know how to find it in the future.

Also, when attempting to write, I get a verification error on address: 0x0006A008

EDIT: let me try re-reading the ic and going over the solder joints again.
          Last edited by ResoluteHawk; 05-29-2023, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Also, when attempting to write, I get a verification error on address: 0x0006A008
            You must erase the SPI chip before programming. Make sure the connection between the chip and the programmer is good.

Comment

Yeah I realized that shortly after looking at my solder connections and making sure I had the correct voltage selected on my CH341a.

I've done this once before and I had the same problem and I forgot to erase the chip before programming lol.

Thanks for your help Vesko! I'll update this when I get the chip resoldered and see how everything goes!
              Last edited by ResoluteHawk; 05-29-2023, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                You must erase the SPI chip before programming. Make sure the connection between the chip and the programmer is good.

Everything looks good! Resoldered the chip onto the board after programming and we're back in business.

I seriously must thank you for your help with this.

Seriously though...how'd you do it? Which hex header did you look at?

Comment

Everything looks good! Resoldered the chip onto the board after programming and we're back in business.

I seriously must thank you for your help with this.

Seriously though...how'd you do it? Which hex header did you look at?
                  You're welcome.
                  You can support the forum by making a donation.
                  Trickiest part is to choose the right bios from the HP support page by the serial number (5CD0409ZJS in your case) and additionally to select the right product number (2V926UAR) to complete the request to the right drivers download page. The rest is to transfer all DMI info and Windows product key to the new dump and to complete the editing making some additional modification otherwise programming new dump without this will end up booting in Manufacturing Programing Mode.

Comment

Working...
                  X