Turbo-X Quanta QL4 VCORE missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Turbo-X Quanta QL4 VCORE missing

check DPRSLPVR on pin 39 of ISL62882 why the reading is 0.1V only. PGOOD = 0.07V indicates
    a. one or more signals necessary to turn on this chip may be missing
    b. there is still a problem with the output, probably over-current, etc.

Also, wouldn't hurt if you use proper voltage - 18.5 or 19v. Looks like 21.5v is too high and may trigger over voltage protection.

Final question, does this board behaves the same when powered using the battery?

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
      check DPRSLPVR on pin 39 of ISL62882 why the reading is 0.1V only.
      DPRSLPVR is deeper sleep enable signal pin. That is, if high, go to deeper sleep mode.

I do not know if you are still using the 21.5v power supply but is better to use the 19v regulated power supply (as whaldsz also suggested). VCCP pin 25 (Input voltage bias for the internal gate drivers) must be 5v +- 5%. PGOOD voltage says that is in protected mode. The VID signal combination should give you an output of 0.8375v.

Are the readings still the same on PU1 pins? What is the resistance to ground on all pins without power supply connected?

Comment

Originally posted by atsio View Post
        DPRSLPVR is deeper sleep enable signal pin. That is, if high, go to deeper sleep mode.

I do not know if you are still using the 21.5v power supply but is better to use the 19v regulated power supply (as whaldsz also suggested). VCCP pin 25 (Input voltage bias for the internal gate drivers) must be 5v +- 5%. PGOOD voltage says that is in protected mode. The VID signal combination should give you an output of 0.8375v.

Are the readings still the same on PU1 pins? What is the resistance to ground on all pins without power supply connected?
        atsio is correct. DPRSLPVR should be LOW.

Comment

If i told you why voltage is too high, you will not believe it..
          I gave 19V from my bench power supply and i measure again 21.5V...
          After scratching my head, i change the multimeter battery, and correct voltage showing up..19V
          So i measure again all ISL voltages and correct them with green @ attachment:

NOTICE: this time i measured WITHOUT CPU, all previous readings in blue are WITH CPU and with +15% higher value than normal because of above multimeter problem.

If i hook the laptop battery, charging/standby led become orange for 2-3 sec and return yellow again, as if battery is not present!
          I dont know if battery was working before..
          Attached Files

Comment

What about resistance?

Comment

Some of readings are not the exactly value because of capacitor discharging (i think) as example starts at 100K and as falling down slowing to 40K and keep falling(values are random). I write down the reading that falling slowest @ attachment

PS. All readings are WITHOUT CPU, btw with the vid signal combination WITHOUT CPU, Vcore must be 1.0125, am i right?
              Attached Files

Comment

You have a short on the 5VPCU line, resistance is too low

Comment

To check if PU1 is fine, remove PR32 and solder from PR14 and inject 5V with regulated power supply to the PU1 side.

Comment

To check if PU1 is fine, remove PR32 and solder from PR14 and inject 5V with regulated power supply to the PU1 side.
                    VCCP its the input voltage for PU1?
                    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Input voltage for the internal gate drivers.

Comment

Input voltage for the internal gate drivers.
                        LGATE1 UGATE1 and LGATE2 UGATE2
                        OR just one set?
                        good INFO btw!
                        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

You mean something like this if i understand it right?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes, supply 5v to those two pins (disconnecting the 5VPCU line - remove problem) just to confirm that PU1 is functioning properly.
                            Last edited by atsio; 06-08-2014, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Next, check resistance to ground on PL13 and PL14 with out power supply connected.

Comment

Replace 5VPCU with 5V from bench to PR32 and PR14(scratch pcb to remove short, there is not solder joint) resistance now is 3M+, power it up and now Vcore is 0.33V.
                                PL13 is 20 Ohm and PL14 is 18K (of course without power)
                                Next step is to find why 5VPCU is shorted and fix it or we have 2 different problems now?
                                If 5VPCU is not ok, can be the reason (U35? signals) for PU1 not working properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker View Post
                                  Next step is to find why 5VPCU is shorted and fix it or we have 2 different problems now?
                                  I think (and hope) your problem is only in the 5V line.

Originally posted by Nightwalker View Post
                                  If 5VPCU is not ok, can be the reason (U35? signals) for PU1 not working properly?
                                  If understand it correctly you are asking for signals from U35 to PU1?

Comment

So i'll beginning with PL13 removal first to find in which side short is.

Basically i wondering if the 5VPCU short making U35 not functioning properly and as result PU1 not working. Or U35 signals from and to other ICs has nothing to do with PU1? Because 5VPCU is a "general" voltage to different points of motherboard..

Comment

I do not see any signals from U35 to PU1

Comment

PL13 removed, mosfets side resistance 85.8K, other side 20.4 Ohm
                                        Any tip before starting remove all caps between 5VPCU and GND?? :-)

Comment

This is not a capacitor problem on the 5VPCU line. Check ic's that get power from that line and all other lines, like 5vsus, +5v, e.t.c. I should first check whatever is in the area where the spill was. Check resistance on all coils. Can you post a photo of the area where the spill was?
                                          Last edited by atsio; 06-08-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X