Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugged

I flashed both BIOS & EC chips and I got the following readings (check attachment).
    Attached Files

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

you should read 3.3v and 5v near the coils which read 0v.

Comment

Re: DA0AX1MB6H1 (HP G62-358CA) - Does not turn on & Adapter Led light off when plugge

I got 0V, what do you think I should test next?

Comment

check PL11 and PL1

here is schematic (page 25)
        Attached Files
        ...the quieter you become the more you are able to hear...

Comment

You should have around 19v at +PWRSRC. If so, check the voltages of PU6 - 1,3,4,6,7,19, 14,27.

Comment

Hello, this board is Rev H, in the schematic you linked me to, the DC CN is 16, the board I'm working with is CN17.

The reading of PU6 (ISL6251A, it's only 24 pins) are:
            1: 5V
            3: 1.18V
            4: 4.5V
            6: 0V
            7: 0V
            14: 0V
            19: 0V
            27: does not exist

While testing PU6, parts around were getting hot, should I keep testing it and trace the touch?

I can't find PL11 and PL1, but I think they are the inductors I tested previously. Any ideas guys?
            Last edited by orientalsniper; 01-19-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I was testing this Mosfet, it was jumping voltage in the middle pin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Is it normal I'm getting 28V in a capacitor (PC69)? Close to PU2 which is a G5933, not a RT8209A, according to the old revision schematic.

Every other resistor and capacitor voltages close to PU2 are jumping.

EDIT: After replugging DC cord, PC69 still gets 28V, and the rest close to PU2 are reading steady 19V, no longer jumping.
                Last edited by orientalsniper; 01-19-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Alright, so AP85U03GH is about 44ºC hot when left idle with DC adapter, can I switch it with M3006D?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                    You should have around 19v at +PWRSRC. If so, check the voltages of PU6 - 1,3,4,6,7,19, 14,27.
                    I am refering to RT8206B. The 28v you mentioned is normal. If you have 28v at the gate pin of the mosfet, then you should have around 19v at PWRSRC.

Comment

I have a lot of this boards with similar issues, some of them even have 3.3v and 5v but still wont turn on and no power led too, I am still looking for solution..

Comment

Originally posted by orientalsniper View Post
                        I was testing this Mosfet, it was jumping voltage in the middle pin.
                        check the battery terminal to see if you can get any voltages from them.

Comment

Hello guy, thanks for the assistance, I don't have any readings (0V) in RT8206B or the pins connectors in the battery terminal.

Edit: Also, bluestone, you should try reflashing BIOS and EC, some people reported they got it working.

Comment

Originally posted by orientalsniper View Post
                            Hello guy, thanks for the assistance, I don't have any readings (0V) in RT8206B or the pins connectors in the battery terminal.

Edit: Also, bluestone, you should try reflashing BIOS and EC, some people reported they got it working.
                            If you dont get any voltages at RT8206B, then focus your attention to ISL6251A pin 1, 2, 3, 8, 15, 24.
                            Last edited by whaldsz; 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

how can i reflash the bios without machine powering on, I have tried swapping bios chips from working ones but still no success.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                                how can i reflash the bios without machine powering on, I have tried swapping bios chips from working ones but still no success.
                                You will know that the ec bios chip/sio chip is working if you get 3.3v at rsmrst#. If you dont have, flashing the bios is one of the possible solution. To do this, you need a spi programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by bluestone View Post
                                  I desolder them and flash them with a BIOS programmer (eeprom programmer, make sure you have a SOP8 to DIP converter).

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                                  If you dont get any voltages at RT8206B, then focus your attention to ISL6251A pin 1, 2, 3, 8, 15, 24.
                                  1: 5V
                                  2: Jumping up to 0.5V
                                  3: Jumping up to 1V
                                  8: 2.3V
                                  15: 5V
                                  24:Jumping up to 18V

Can you please tell me how do you know which pins to test?
                                  Last edited by orientalsniper; 01-21-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

You get an unstable 19v rail, Possibly a defective capacitor.

Comment

Hello, thanks for swift reply! How can I find this capacitor?

Capacitance test must be infinite?

Comment

When you test for resistance across a good capacitor, it should show an infinite resistance.

Comment

Working...
                                        X