Maxdata 101910 same as Viewsonic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxdata 101910 same as Viewsonic

Hello.. I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong place as my previous message ended up at the bottom of a thread,,,

I hope someone can clarify thias fault.. I folllowed the info from SCENIC . I got a 12V power supply with at least 1.5A handy? (2.5+A would be better)
    if so, you could "inject" it to the pinheader connecting the powersupply/inverter board to the logic board.
    or just solder 2 wires with the right polarity to the cap right next to the pin header.

that way you can determine if the logic board is OK or not and make sure it's not the power/inverterboard's fault.
    if it still randomly goes into standby mode, it's most likely the logicboard.<<

In my situation it did make the screen light up but then went blank again.( loops every 6 seconds ) Does this mean it is a fault somewhere on the Logic board or is it on the Invertor board. I have disconnected the primary components of the PSU The Power part of the board also has a problem which I can sort later

All the CAPs look good from the top but I have not removed any yet. Any guidence from experance wouold be appreciate before I remove all the caps and still find it will not work,, Thanks John

Re: Maxdata 101910 same as Viewsonic

could be the inverter's fault or just the PSU being too weak.
    i'm running mine on a 3.75A brick. Tried it with a 2.5A once and it got baking hot, even though the brightness was set very low..

Comment

Hello,, Thanks for your reply The PSU pack I am using is 12V 2.0a so as you say maybe it is not strong enough,........ I have just tried a 12v 6a PSU and the screen does not even flash now.. I monitored the current and the meter blips @.75a for a split second....The green light stays on, Now I am even more confused. John

Comment

Checked the 3.3V (switching) regulator on the logic board?
        Its among all these green Teapo caps, output had a 6.3v/1000uF Rubycon on most of the units i repaired, but some had a Teapo there which was faulty.

Also, try manually pulling the ON/OFF line to the inverter high (to 3.3V), the light should be on then. If not, check the inverter.

If it still doesnt work, the logic board probably is toast, once you ruled out bad contacts or shorts as source of the problem.

Just recently thrown out a 19" Hannstar (with perfectly good PSU/Inverter, which i kept as spares) because of a faulty logic board (displays stripes instead of video). Its not a very uncommon fault, usually caused by overvoltage or totally toasted power supply caps.

Comment

Working...
        X