'lytics class action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'lytics class action

Second or third of these notices, now. I can't imagine someone who's purchased in my tiny quantities is going to get ANYTHING out of it, so why bother?!

TC?

(Also amusing to note that folks have kept records of these purchases "on my behalf"! :< )

Re: 'lytics class action

I got my third notice the other day. I bought lots of caps from the timeframe said. Some from vendors like digikey/mouser, some factory direct. I did not put in a claim.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      I got my third notice the other day. I bought lots of caps from the timeframe said. Some from vendors like digikey/mouser, some factory direct. I did not put in a claim.
      Yeah, I figure your buys for BCN have to be orders of magnitude bigger than mine. It's not worth the time to fill out the paperwork (and probably end up with some silly "compensation" like a coupon for $1.00 off my next purchase...)

Comment

Around the recapping pinnacle, between 2008~2012, I was buying ~ 100,000 caps (of various values) every year....hell, 1800uF 6.3v 8x20 I was buying in quantities of 10,000 at a time, and I'd still run out of them before the lead time for the next order. That's the reason I haven't filed a claim....all the paperwork...then having to pull all the financials from that era in search of invoices, etc....and for what?! ...yea, $1.00 off my next purchase...
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

err... just my 2 cents regarding price fixing. even tho the individual unit cost of one capacitor is pretty small but when u fix prices even by one cent for a high volume quantity item say like 100,000, the difference of extra profit made would be $1000!

not sure by how many cents extra did they fix their prices but if u are a very high volume client like in the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or more, u could end up with a significant compensation. just sharing my legal knowledge about price fixing. hope sharing this may help u in deciding whether its worth it to file a claim or not. i certainly wouldnt pass up the chance to get a refund of a few thousand bucks or more. yea yea greedy me... seeing dollar signs again... $_$

Comment

I would do it as well, but also for another reason: feeling cheated by the price fixing itself.
            I mean for my small numbers of caps bought I wont care, but for the numbers Topcat is quoting for sure I'd go the extra mile.
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I got yet another letter about it today.... That's # 4, and the second in less than a month.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                I got yet another letter about it today.... That's # 4, and the second in less than a month.
                That's how the lawyers bringing the action can justify sucking all the "compensation" right off the top of the Settlement!

Comment

Working...
                X