UN50H6203AFXZA failed panel work around question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN50H6203AFXZA failed panel work around question

I didn't want this thread to descend in to utter confusion like the last grand adventure I'm at fault for, so left and right are designated when looking at the front of the TV, at the panel in this thread.

So this UN50H6203AFXZA arrived with sound, backlights and no picture. I did the Left/right isolation procedure. As expected the left lower side was the location of the panel fault. I didn't remove the bezel or look for panel damage at the left lower support.

I started by insulating 4 of the contacts on the left side of the left FFC cable from the t-con to the source driver board. At the 5th contact the picture popped back up, but with horizontal lines. It ran for a while, 20 minutes or so and I noticed a black semi-circle developing about 1 1/2" up the left side. I touched the panel there and it was very warm.

Bottom line, I kept the original FFC cable and replaced it with one from the parts pile and cut through 7 traces on the left side, just under the T-CON. This is what it took to restore a watchable picture but it still has very faint horizontal lines and colors in or close to the red range have lost color strength. For a rescued TV it looks really good for the most part.

So here are my questions.

Has anyone reading performed this work-around on this model TV, and how long did the TV last after that? Or does anyone have an opinion of life expectancy?

Should I be concerned about damage spreading further in to the panel causing further problems, or did the work-around take care of it?

I feel like 7 traces cut is getting to the end of the road. Can I, or better should I continue cutting more traces with the hope of getting rid of the very faint horizontal lines? Is there any chance cutting more traces might help the color strength on the left side?

For what it is, overall when there's a picture on there it's good enough and if someone else does the procedure this may give you an idea of what you may get.
    Attached Files
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: UN50H6203AFXZA failed panel work around question

I'm assuming the first one I repaired is still working since it was the buyer's second TV purchased from me and I had to replace a board on the first TV he bought so he's not shy about contacting me.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50646

Comment

Thank you for replying. This was the thread I looked at for a work-around on my TV. Thanks for posting that!
      They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

DXseekerMO : I feel like 7 traces cut is getting to the end of the road. Can I, or better should I continue cutting more traces with the hope of getting rid of the very faint horizontal lines? Is there any chance cutting more traces might help the color strength on the left side?

--------------------------------------------------------
        i don't think you could cut more traces on Samsung BN96-30067A (V650HP1-CPS1) T-Con Board's FFC cable which would be LVDS TTL picture drive signals..... photo 1, 2

the 6 traces, you've insulated are VGL VGH, the answer is as simple as yes or no to VGL VGH power sources.

You can refer video below. Some people have to fix this missing VGL VGH scan driver voltages and some people have to avoid this VGL VGH scan driver voltages which could avoid some TTL picture drive signal shorted problems, as you did....please don't tell me, you did cut other side!

PS: Isn't this a good idea, if we can put DIP switches on FFC cable?

===========================================
        references

What is VGL VGH?
        Two regulated adjustable charge pump driver provide the positive V(VGH) and negative V(VGL) bias voltages for the TFT. The device incorporates adjustable power-on sequencing for V(VGL) as well as for V(VGH). ... The device has an integrated high-voltage switch to isolate V(VGH).

VGH 0.3 - 40v Typically Operation Conditions 35v
        VGL -20 - 0.3v Typically Operation Conditions -6v

VGH P Positive power for scan driver
        VGL P Negative power for scan driver

LCD LED TV PANEL REPAIR VGH VGL FAULT REPAIR BY MAGICCARE ELECTRONICS.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHw4O-6lZ2o

GATE COF RM76180FC-086 BONDING ISSUE, HALF SCREEN BLANK, HORIZONTAL BELT, VGH/VGHC MISSING
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFcxfdh25E
        Attached Files
        Last edited by capwizard; 01-25-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X