Some Good News: YEC No Longer Makes Electrolytic Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Good News: YEC No Longer Makes Electrolytic Capacitors

It is as the title says! They no longer make electrolytic capacitors. Instead, they make supercapacitors. Don't believe me? Visit their website, they pulled their datasheets and don't offer them. http://www.yec.com.tw/products.php

They also have a new logo - check the datasheets to see it.
    Popcorn.

Re: Some Good News: YEC No Longer Makes Electrolytic Capacitors

“Super” (electrolytic double layer) capacitors don’t have the best track record - the Aerogel cap is one hell of a trouble maker in the original Xbox and even Nichicon’s UC series occasionally bulges on the later versions of the Xbox motherboard. I don’t think YEC would do any better manufacturing them.

Comment

The Xbox was made in an era where just about all brands of caps were randomly failing though. Nichicon's HM/HN series was known to have a bad batch in the early 2000s, and there were just as many cheapo/bad brands back then as there are now. A lot of boards were also killed by Chhsi caps (MSI loved using these), which self destructed if you even looked at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
        even Nichicon's UC series occasionally bulges on the later versions of the Xbox motherboard.
        Sounds just like Chemi-con's KZG!
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
          The Xbox was made in an era where just about all brands of caps were randomly failing though. Nichicon's HM/HN series was known to have a bad batch in the early 2000s, and there were just as many cheapo/bad brands back then as there are now. A lot of boards were also killed by Chhsi caps (MSI loved using these), which self destructed if you even looked at them.
          In defense of the super caps mentioned above, they’re only rated for 1,000 hours at 70ºC - many of the plague capacitors of that timeframe touted thousand of hours at 105ºC, but none actually lived up to their rating. The worst capacitors MSI (and Aopen) used were Lelon’s RXA series. Those had a 100% failure rate, within a few months of use too, even in those days. Never seen one to this day that didn’t bulge or leak.

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          Sounds just like Chemi-con's KZG!
          Well, not really - Nichicon UC don’t bulge in storage AFAIK. They just seem to bulge from too many charge/discharge cycles.

Comment

Working...
          X