RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Nice. But doesn't it have that green password removal jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      Nice. But doesn't it have that green password removal jumper?
      It does, but however it also has a bios option for whether it honors the password clear jumper or not, and the example I had was clearly set to ignore the jumper, as that was the first thing I tried. Considering the bios appeared very similar to the elitebook bios, I figured rcunlocker was worth a go, and it certainly was!

Comment

Hi RethoricalCheese,

Thank you for your great contribution to this forum.
        To remove BIOS for HP zbook 15 fury G7, which soic-clip is suitable?

Thanks

Comment

After running the RC and solder the chip back enrollment still on the Chromebook

Pls help
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Then try reinstalling chromeOS after that.

Comment

Oh yeah. I still don't understand how to solve the problem with 32 megabytes.

HP EB 850 g6
              mx25l25673g

Comment

It says wrong chip so it means you are trying to patch the wrong chip. Go find 16MB EC chip instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  It says wrong chip so it means you are trying to patch the wrong chip. Go find 16MB EC chip instead.

translation errors. =) disassembled everything. found a second chip. it is 16MB. Hooray.....

Comment

works perfect for hp 450 G3.

Thank you!

Comment

I'd just wanted to thank the original author for this tool, as it was quite helpful to remove the BIOS password from the 25Q128 chip of my HP Folio 9480m.

Since I never had a need to re-program a BIOS chip I came to this problem like a total newbie. So I got myself one of those cheap black CH341 programmers, which required a conversion to 3.3V (to be on the safe side). I had to connect the chip by soldering eight thin wires, as the SOIC-8 clip that came with the CH341 turned out to be pretty useless.

At least patching of the BIOS contents was a bit more straight forward, apart from the fact that I needed to do it on a Linux system. Out of respect for the effort of the original author I'll refrain from attaching the Python script. But I just like to mention (for others that are facing a similar dilemma) that I extracted 'rcunlocker__main__.pyc' from 'library.zip', and used a Python 3.7 script to decompile it. I then used the following filter to eliminate the need for TK:
                      Code:
                      sed ':x ; /Label(.*[^)]$/ { N ; s#\([^)]\)\n#\1# ; tx }' | grep -vwE 'Label|link|tkinter|win'
                      Reading and writing the BIOS contents (with: 'flashrom') was really simple (and took in my case about 2m26 for the '-r', and 5m13 for the '-w' operation).

Comment

thanks for creating the app, it works fine, but getting the warning message on screen "not in commited state"i set the security settings to default like u r app is telling to do, but the warning keep getting back, what are i m doing wrong? tryed it on several hp laptops but all the same warning.

Comment

That error and security settings reset are not related. And to be honest, I don't think using my app and that error message are related aswell.

But have you tried bios updating? It has helped me with that error before in some cases.

Comment

The backup does not show the warning, after unlock the warning is there, so i dont know, i have tryed to update bios via the windows based bios update tool, but does not fix it sadly

Comment

Looking at your topic, you are trying to unlock mpm. My software does not support that.

Your file has no passwords so my software actually made 0 changes.

So I am not sure how you see any differences.

Comment

sorry im wrong, im sorry, the backup has mpm unlocked allready

will test something with it later today with passwordss
                                Last edited by Verlengsnoer; 01-05-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
                                  sorry im wrong, im sorry, the backup has mpm unlocked allready

will test something with it later today with passwordss
                                  HP DMIFIT tool or HP Bios Configuration utility can fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinMcG View Post
                                    HP DMIFIT tool or HP Bios Configuration utility can fix that.
                                    i know that, but it looks like it isnt fixing the not in commited state message, but its not needed, an other bios file did the job

and @RC, tested your tool with random laptops that i set a password, and it works like a charm

Comment

Just want to thanks RethoricalCheese for this tool. I used a Ch341A and soldered 0.015mm jumper wires for my HP Elitebook 840 G7 with WSON8 Winbond 25Q128JVPQ as EC bios chip, not needed to desoldering. Worked on first try.

Comment

I have a BIOS file from HP x360 1040 G6 which needs password cleaning. Unlock tools are unable to clean it, anyone can help?

Comment

edit: nvm, wrong issues

Comment

Working...
                                          X