Spektrum DX6E Transmitter Startup loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spektrum DX6E Transmitter Startup loop

Hey guys so here is an interesting one for ya. Got this RC radio here that will not boot. But acts like it is oscillating if that is the correct term. the lights will come one and then shut off and continute like this until power is removed. It is powered by 4 AA batteries. I will get pictures of the board soon.

Re: Spektrum DX6E Transmitter Startup loop

Sorry it took a while to get pictures. I have been off work and the item is at my work.
    Attached Files

Comment

So I unplugged all the extra boards and tried to power main board by itself with a desktop power supply. I am still getting the boot loop.
      Attached Files

Comment

https://youtu.be/lGVNDXoD3Ag

A video of the boot loop.

Comment

Have you measured the output of the regulator while it is doing this? Is the voltage remaining constant?

Comment

Yes it is remaining constant. 3.3 volts. I have also used a power supply to supply 3.3v manual to the board and it still does it.

Comment

I did some research, and found that they have a habit of behaving poorly, but nothing on your specific problem (some turning on all by their self, others that won't bind, fast draining batteries, etc). You might have to send it back to Horizon, but their reputation isn't looking too good...

What I would do next is to disconnect the gray ribbon cable going between the main board and the board that has the X1TXP transmitter module and try that.

Comment

Plug in a TTL in that UART and see what she sez.

Comment

Yeah personally I don't use Spektrum I am a FrSky Taranis man. But there are a lot of Bind and Fly models out there that only support Spektrum. So that is why I wanted to see if this could be repaired. I bought this for 5 bucks so sending it back to HH is not viable.

I have unplugged all the modules from the main board and it still loops.

Can CapLeaker you will have to excuse my ignorance what do you mean by plug a TTL into that UART? I mean I know what a uart and I know what TTL means. Just not sure exactly what you are saying.

Sorry for the length of time to answer. Been super busy.

Comment

Right next to the main IC there are like 4 holes in and a square around it. It looks like there is the UART for the IC. Figure out what the RX / TX / GND pins are and wire up your USB or Serial to TTL converter to these pins and let her rip. See what happens on the terminal. Maybe you can put commands in there...

Comment

OK I see what you are saying now. I will report back

Comment

Working...
                      X