• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TH-42PY80 plasma 10 blink error code

Pff...yeah, vinceroger beat me to it while I was typing apparently
    Wattevah...

Comment

I dont think it is going to matter at this point. IC8001 is also getting so hot I cant touch it. Is this the one you were refering to as the tuner Dannyx?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisher77 View Post
        I dont think it is going to matter at this point. IC8001 is also getting so hot I cant touch it. Is this the one you were refering to as the tuner Dannyx?
        Don't have the schematic on hand right now, so I really don't know what IC8001 is, though I doubt it's the "tuner". I didn't have to remove the A-board from the one I fixed so I don't know what it looks like, but the tuner unit should be a metal box with the antenna plug on it and the tuner IC is usually inside, so you wouldn't normally have access to it and the schematics would probably have a separate schematic for the tuner unit rather than including it as parts of the A-board itself. What is IC8001 ?
        Wattevah...

Comment

I have no idea. I have gone over the 12 pages of A board schematics 4 times, it is not there. All I have is a panasonic part number from the parts list: MN2WS0047.

Like I said it gets hot. It does have a heat sink on it, but still, I dont think it should get so hot I cant touch it at all.
          Last edited by Fisher77; 05-16-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisher77 View Post
            I have no idea. I have gone over the 12 pages of A board schematics 4 times, it is not there. All I have is a panasonic part number from the parts list: MN2WS0047.

Like I said it gets hot. It does have a heat sink on it, but still, I dont think it should get so hot I cant touch it at all.
            Searched for that model online and it's definitely some sort of processor...it should get hot obviously, but if it's as hot as you describe there's a pretty good chance it's toast. Might have to look for an entire A-board.
            Wattevah...

Comment

I'm digging up my old thread here, but guess what: this same TV is now dead It won't power up and the LED indicator doesn't turn on either. Haven't thoroughly measured the power supply yet, but I'm pretty sure the main board is dead since I do recall getting 5v on the standby pin...funnily enough it happened to me as well after somebody else was asking about a faulty A board around here KARMA !
              Wattevah...

Comment

Working...
              X