• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface 4 Pro BIOS locked

hi guys
    it is an urgent request can any body delete the password from the backup
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 06:27 AM. Reason: Attachments cleanup,server space low.

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 clean bios backup

Originally posted by salim.thebadboy View Post
    hi guys
    it is an urgent request can any body delete the password from the backup
    thanks in advance
    try this..
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks a loooot bro
      this make my day

Comment

Hola buenas tengo es mismo problema puedo pasarles el bios corrupto?
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Try this and reply.
          Attached Files

Comment

How to dump bios surface pro 4
            help me
            IT IS VERY SMALL
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vnn567 View Post
              How to dump bios surface pro 4
              help me
              IT IS VERY SMALL
              what do you need?

Comment

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Password Request

Thanks to a kind forum member here i managed to get a dump of my bios and am now looking for password removal if possible. was unable to dump all regions and i suspect the regions i couldn't dump have the password information but maybe im thinking too negatively lol. BIOS and DESC regions dumped along with a txt dump of FPT -i for bios information.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Password Request

Originally posted by Gords View Post
                  Thanks to a kind forum member here i managed to get a dump of my bios and am now looking for password removal if possible. was unable to dump all regions and i suspect the regions i couldn't dump have the password information but maybe im thinking too negatively lol. BIOS and DESC regions dumped along with a txt dump of FPT -i for bios information.

Thanks in advance for any help.
                  Try this...
                  cmd administrator ..
                  use fpt.exe -f xxxxxx.bin -BIOS
                  if you find error (ex. error 150) due to protected bios, try to hibernate mode first before you execute...
                  goodluck
                  Attached Files

Comment

Error 368: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space.

Just as you anticipated. Im unable to try Hibernate as no OS will boot with the bios locked. The only entry i have is Recovery Console, currently using win 8.1 as FPT didnt like windows 10 much. Im unsure if i can boot an installed os manually.

For now i shall try and see if i can get a windows to go usb to boot and if it does work ill try the hibernate trick.

Any suggestions
                    Last edited by Gords; 10-01-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gords View Post
                      Error 368: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space.

Just as you anticipated. Im unable to try Hibernate as no OS will boot with the bios locked. The only entry i have is Recovery Console, currently using win 8.1 as FPT didnt like windows 10 much. Im unsure if i can boot an installed os manually.

For now i shall try and see if i can get a windows to go usb to boot and if it does work ill try the hibernate trick.

Any suggestions
                      check this,
                      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...m-a-usb-device

Surface Studio, Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, or Surface Pro 3 without a configured boot order in UEFI

Shut down your Surface.
                      Insert the bootable USB drive into the USB port on your Surface.
                      Press and hold the volume-down button on Surface.
                      While holding down the volume-down button, press and release the power button.
                      Follow the on-screen instructions to boot from your USB drive.

have you try above??

Comment

Yes thats how i boot from usb to use recovery console on a windows install usb.

The bios password has some kind of protection active that stops any windows BCD working apart from the original.

I can maybe also boot any kind of recovery disk just not an OS.

I hope that makes sense?

Comment

Would i be right in thinking that there is absolutely no way around this now and i have to remove and flash the chip directly?

Thanks.

Comment

Hey, I'm a noob here, but it sounds like some others have had the same problem I'm having. I have a Surface Pro 4 and can't get into the UEFI BIOS settings due to a forgotten password. I can boot into Windows 10 just fine but can't make changes to the UEFI settings.

Would flashing one of these "clean" BIOSes fix that problem? If so, how do you go about flashing it manually? I've downloaded a few of them but they all seem to be of varying sizes, but the majority are 16,384KB. However, even this is significantly larger than the official Microsoft firmware package I downloaded that shows 3,843KB in size.

I have the Surface Pro 4 with Intel M3 and 4GB of RAM if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Unlock Request

Hello,

Can someone please take a look at my BIOS dump for my Surface Pro 4 and see if they can remove the password?

I dumped it using the FPTW64 -d bios.bin -BIOS command, so hopefully that is correct.

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Unlock Request

Originally posted by zaleon View Post
                                hello,

can someone please take a look at my bios dump for my surface pro 4 and see if they can remove the password?

I dumped it using the fptw64 -d bios.bin -bios command, so hopefully that is correct.

Thanks!
                                no the bios is corrupt i think this board bios chip size 16mb you send 10mb.read and save again.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                                  no the bios is corrupt i think this board bios chip size 16mb you send 10mb.read and save again.
                                  Hi imranromi, thanks for your reply. I've been trying all day but the FPT program refuses to output more than the 10240kb as shown in the attached screenshot. FPT reads the total size of the BIOS as 16384kb as you say but when I run the dump command it just not pulling all of it.

I've also been unable to find another BIOS backup tool that works on Windows 10 and the Surface Pro 4.

Any ideas?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

If you remove bios password open laptop find bios chip and use bios programmer read and bkup upload the file. I try remove inside the bios file password.when bkup bios 16mb file need.

Comment

Originally posted by zaleon View Post
                                      Hello,

Can someone please take a look at my BIOS dump for my Surface Pro 4 and see if they can remove the password?

I dumped it using the FPTW64 -d bios.bin -BIOS command, so hopefully that is correct.

Thanks!
                                      1. To get fulldump 16mb ,try without -BIOS : FPTW64 -d bios.bin
                                      2. To makesure your 10mb dump can be flashing back with FPTW without failed.. please trying flash back your dump... if it successfully flashing back with FPTW , i"ll remove the password from your 10mb

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
                                        1. To get fulldump 16mb ,try without -BIOS : FPTW64 -d bios.bin
                                        2. To makesure your 10mb dump can be flashing back with FPTW without failed.. please trying flash back your dump... if it successfully flashing back with FPTW , i"ll remove the password from your 10mb
                                        Hi, thanks for your reply. I have tried without the -BIOS before and it complained it couldn't read that flash area or something to that affect.

I believe after writing to another member here with the same issue, that iamromroni is correct and the only way to get the full dump is to open up the tablet and read it using a physical programmer.

However, the Surface Pro 4 from what I've read is extremely difficult and time-consuming to get into without damaging it, so I'm not willing to go that far as long as my Windows is still working. I appreciate your assistance in trying to resolve this issue. This is a great forum!

Comment

Working...
                                        X