Intel D865GBFL Cap replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel D865GBFL Cap replacement

Today me and my stepdad performed our first successful motherboard re-cap on an Intel D865GBFL board, that has been freezing on Flight Sim for a while now. The results have so far been good, and I'm surprised the motherboard works considering the abuse it went through fixing it.

The only issue is that the CPU core power is around 1.35v, which only bothers me because the Intel Active Monitor does not show it right in the middle of the gauge.

Other than that, the machine feels like new. I do feel bad that I didn't get the parts through Badcaps, but other than that, I'm happy I was able to get the repairs done, and if it weren't for sites like these, many older machines would be in the trash.

A thumbs-up to all of you guys!

Re: Intel D865GBFL Cap replacement

Nice work! Glad to see it works now. The Intel D865GBF is a good board other than the caps.

If it's being used as a flight simulator it makes the re-cap all the more important as the FAA wouldn't approve of flying with busted caps
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

One more thing do you have a Wireless N antenah atached to the board?
      I had a a D865PERL and it started freezing up when i used a Wireless n adaptor on it and it did the same thing with a D865GBF board that i got from ebay.
      My Computer.
      AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
      Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
      Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
      500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
      1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
      2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

I dont think theres anything to worry about with the Vcore mine is siting at just the same place as yours is.
        Attached Files
        My Computer.
        AMD APU A4-3300 2.5ghz 1mb cache
        Motherboard GigaByte GA-A75M-S2V
        Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

SB Audigy 2 ZS [B800] Sound Card
        500GB WD Caviar® Blue™
        1 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™
        2 Terabyte WD Caviar® Black™

Comment

Vcore depends on what the CPU is.
          An IC in the VRM reads the CPU's VID logic and controls the firing of the MOSFETs to achieve the right voltage.
          Different CPUs have different VID logic.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

and lower vcore=cooler running or more overclock potential.

Comment

Working...
            X