Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dell gx270...sorry but mashing the tops of blown caps wont make it work any better!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell gx270...sorry but mashing the tops of blown caps wont make it work any better!

i have seen this before but forgot to post them.
    someone tried to "fix" the board before sending it to me.
    Attached Files

Re: dell gx270...sorry but mashing the tops of blown caps wont make it work any better!

had an apple g5 someone sent to me, they gooped the tops of all the swollen nichicons with silicon. I LOL'd quite loudly when I saw that.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Re: dell gx270...sorry but mashing the tops of blown caps wont make it work any better!

post that in my "what a noob!" section in gen. cim. discussion.

hehehehehe...
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I've gotten a couple of GX270 boards in where everything had been recapped except for those. They were so carefully pressed down that the recapper missed it.
        sig files are for morons

Comment

Pushing down the bulged vents could cause the capacitors to become a short circuit, possibly causing more damage!
          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

LOL. Probably wanted to make fast bucks. :P Especially from ebay.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

what suck is as is mobo that have no failed caps. as is ones with badcaps are easy money half the time because new caps fixes the problem.

or ones that the title includes somthing involving "no bad caps!!!!!!!" and the pic they include is 40x40. no bad caps my ass.
              sigpic

Comment

lol..

when i'm surfing on ebay for mainboards, i always look at the caps if the board is an older one..

and relatively often, i find autctions where the seller says "perfectly working condition" or "just like brand new"..

example pic (gigabyte dual socket 604 serverboard)

seller says "used, but in top condition"..

(link)

yeah.. sure..

look at the yellow Fujitsu caps..
                especially next to the bios battery and at the lower one at the PCI slot..

i've even seen commercial (?) sellers (meaning non-private ones..) selling a sh*tload of used boards quite pricey but "tested & in perfect working condition" with kingsize pics of the board where you could see electrolyte oozing out of the caps.. arrrggghhh
                Last edited by Scenic; 07-30-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

i had that happen with a tyan board off ebay. the seller didnt know as he was selling for someone else but let me keep the board free of charge.

but i recapped using a crap iron and killed the dumb thing and i feel like crap about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just duct tape the vents!
                    Duct tape fixes everything!
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

or for me, aluminum foil tape (used for central air ductwork)! not...
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: dell gx270...sorry but mashing the tops of blown caps wont make it work any bette

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
                        Just duct tape the vents!
                        Duct tape fixes everything!
                        But ONLY if you refill the electrolyte first!

Just request a sample of electrolyte from Rubycon or Panasonic.... I'm sure they'll send out a bucket or two.

2ยข worth,
                        Keri
                        The More You Learn The Less You Know!

Comment

for added fun, be sure to put the (-) side where the (+) is marked on the board (and vice versa). makes the vinegar and baking soda volcano look like a popped zit!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X