DELL GX620 DT board needs recapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL GX620 DT board needs recapped

I have a GX620 desktop and it has a crapload of split tops with some electrolyte on them. I want to purchase a kit of caps from the store but they only list the SFF and USFF boards in the kits. Is there another kit for the DT boards or can someone help me figure out what I may need to buy?

Symptoms:
    PC is very slow and memtest86 shows errors non stop once it hits the 128MB mark no matter what stick of ram is in it.

Re: DELL GX620 DT board needs recapped

Hi and welcome to the Badcaps site !

A number the guys here know that M'board well and the capacitors it has, but to expedite help please begin by listing the make, series and electrical values of the bad capacitors so replacements can be suggested. A couple of clear well lit pictures of the board will be useful too.
    If you wish, Badcaps also offers professional repair and return service at a reasonable cost.

Comment

I was more hoping to just buy a kit to replace them all. I don't want to replace the bad ones and have some other fail in a couple months. As for a repair, unfortunately that is out of the question. I can pick up a system pull motherboard with a 90 day warranty for around $25. I'd rather try to fix this for $10 in caps and have the satisfaction of doing it myself. Thanks for the response though.

Comment

I'm sure "Topcat" the sites owner can get you fixed up with exactly what you need, and you're welcome.

Comment

Hopefully this will be seen and I get a response. I wanted to email someone at the actual store but it says to use the forums here.

Comment

I went ahead and pulled the board and grabbed a count and values from the board.

It matches the SFF kit exact.

4 2200uF 6.3v
            5 1800uF 6.3v
            1 1000uF 16v

It also has quite a few(25) 220uF 16v caps but they are all in good shape. I can't imagine replacing all of these as the kit above has all the caps from the memory area and the chipset area covered. I'm currently getting memory errors so I think this may be what I need. The caps that are popped are two of the 6.3v 2200uFs near the chipset. I thought that some of the smaller 1800's were popped but it's some sort of marker.

Comment

Most of the experts here will advise you that the smaller caps you are talking about seldom present a problem as long as they are not from a known low quality manufacturer. So for now leave them in. Go ahead and order your kit now with confidence from your research.

There's over 20 threads in this site dealing with your motherboard so there's a wealth of info and hints/tips to draw from, just Search GX620 and you'll see that just about any 'recapping the GX620' question has been covered. Good job so far !

Comment

Working...
              X