X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
    hi im leigh from lancashire in england just on here to see if i can learn how to fix my lg tv

Comment

Hi all im Leigh from Lancashire England just on here to see if i can learn how to repair my lg tv

Comment

Hi;
        My name is Tomas Roussy and I live in Canada, I am an very old guy, I started in computing when the machines works with lamps named Flip-Flop because they were on/off only to mimics today computers, the programing was done on a punched tape (7 data holes and one small for guide)
        From there I worked putting together computers on that old S100 boards (I guess nobody of the actual computer generation knows what I am talking about) with TurboDos as operating system. I cover computers programing from the Assembly beginnings going through Basics, etc. with full accounting software system implementations.
        To cut it short, I still have the stamina to learn always something new and still I do some reparations and installations but mostly PHP programing with MySQL
        I like to check this forum for ideas, especially for the Raspberry pi 2 latest model.
        Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself.

Comment

Hey, Chris from VT usa here. novice to tv repairs. great understanding of current. play with low to high voltage, schematics, industrial electronic, ac/dc.(for work)
          fixed 2 of 3 T'V's since I started. want to continue knowledge. working on tvs I always end up reading back on badcaps so I thought Id sign up.
          thanks in advance
          CHrIS

Comment

Greetings from southern California. I'm here to learn more about replacing parts on my TV to keep it running.

Comment

Hello I'm Michael

Great to find a place i can share my findings and knowledge, share ideas and help fix almost anything.

I work on Tvs, laptops, desktops and just about anything i find interesting.

Comment

Hey all, thanks to some information I found here and to ModusLink PTS, I was recently able to fix my Panasonic TC-P50G15 plasma. So I'm going through the hoops here to register completely so I could post my experience and hopefully "give back" to the community.

Comment

Hello everyone, i am Remi, from France (sorry for my poor English^^)!
                  I like DIY and electronic repair.
                  I already fixed many devices such as laptop computers, synths, digital audio mixers, audio interfaces, and many more... Also made several DIY projects (my favourite is the Shruhi-1 from Mutable Instruments).

Comment

Hi.

Comment

I love this forum! It has helped me a lot!

thanks

Comment

Hello Everyone! Looking forward to interact with you on this forum....

Comment

Hiya everyone,
                          my name is sam,
                          Im 23 years old,
                          Im in the building trade..
                          Completely new to eletrics.
                          But i like two learn diffrent things
                          So thought id come invade and do some
                          Learning lol.
                          If you would like to no
                          anything else then please
                          message me .. thanks

Comment

Hello Guys!

Comment

Hello!

I want try to repair my tv and need to start new thread to ask where are voltage measuringpoints =)

Comment

Hey all,
                                My name is Ted, Having trouble with Panasonic TV. Found this site during my internet searching, so decided to give this a try.

Comment

Hi all first time here.. hope to contribute where I can

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Comment

Hello from the netherlands,

I'm wouter and like to repair, tweak and make the best out of a bad situation.
                                      Most of the times i rapair laptops, pc and notebooks.

Hope we van learn from each other here...

More people less work!!

regards,

wouter

Comment

hello from Boston

been having trouble with my 2012 panasonic p50gt50...replaced the main board a couple times, now I'm getting new power....been reading a wealth of information, hopefully I can fix this sooner than later!

Comment

I just picked up a LG 47LC7DF it doest have a picture and I haven't hooked it up to test sound. When I plug it in the power light is Red when I click the power button it blinks red and green stays black no picture.

Comment

Working...
                                          X