Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G510 black screen

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the issue with this Lenovo. Symptom is the computer will power on and the fan will spin but nothing ever really happens. When it turns on I can see that the LCD comes alive except for the backlight, the LCD is not displaying any logos or any bios screen, simply seems to go black as if all the pixels activate. When hooked up to an external monitor through HDMI nothing appears on screen. I can feel that the CPU gets a bit hot as if there is activity. All power rails seem to be okay during my very brief look around for the issue. I have attempted the usual resets such as the holding the power down and etc.

I looked online and found hints that there may be issue with the hall effect sensor but after a bit of experimenting with that it seems that the hall effect sensor is working fine, at least the sensor itself. Not sure if something in the actual system is malfunctioning but when holding a magnet right to the hall effect sensor the laptop refuses to power on.

Could this be a bios issue? How would I go about flashing the bios in this state?

Re: Lenovo G510 black screen

Nothing on screen as mb is not posting at all-could be a bios issue. Try flashing it with a known good dump. Dramsrst present on pin 30 of ram slot?? Tried with another processor, ram stick?? Any corrosion on motherboard or liquid spill anywhere?? Just look into these points and everything else seems fine, try flasing bios. Do mention your mb code.

Comment

Re: Lenovo G510 black screen

Whenever I have power on issues and removing battery, resetting RAM, the usual stuff does nothing, and I have to disassemble laptop, I do this first:
      **I unsolder BIOS chip
      **Read BIOS off the chip
      **Write new BIOS off the internet onto the chip
      **If you can't find BIOS on inet, go ahead and write same BIOS back.

70% of the time it helps and I don't have to do anything else.

It's one of those plz bro solutions that often solves things.

You should also have a POST card and at this point at least provide some POST codes.

Comment

Working...
      X