Purchased bad TV to repair but it works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchased bad TV to repair but it works

I know this is a very broad question but I just bought my second (won't power on) TV and when I bring it home it works just fine. I just want opinions from some folks with more experience than I have with TV repair because this is bound to be a common occurrence. And yes I'm pretty confident they aren't stolen. The first one was a 47" LCD Toshiba. I watched it for about a month just to make sure it wasn't an intermittent fault before I resold it. The second is a 32" LCD Sylvania I just purchased. Both sellers claimed symptoms typical of a bad power supply. One even claimed they had a surge that "fried" the TV. My thoughts are after the TV is unplugged for so long maybe it comes out of some kind of "protect" mode. Any suggestions on how to handle these would be greatly appreciated because I'd hate to sell someone a TV that's just waiting to go out again.

Re: Purchased bad TV to repair but it works

don't double post.
    Last edited by goontron; 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Agree with goontron. I would take a hair dryer/cooling spray to the boards one at a time to try and induce the fault the owners were complaining about.

Comment

sorry goontron I couldn't figure out how to delete it

Comment

Working...
        X