This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Sort of went pink before going dark completely?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Nope, no pink. Just like somebody had unplugged the video source(or psu), but as there is now not even a glow or snow I was suspecting y or x drives rather than logic board.

Comment

OK, I suggest you start a new thread and I and others will try to help you there. It is best to keep this thread for common questions only rather than repair history.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok, new thread is here
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28761

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            Since they are vertical, it is most likely the plasma panel data drive ICs. These are not replaceable. However, if they are moving, it could be the control board or distribution board.

I have a Samsung plasma PN50A450 (720 p). Lately there is a 2" wide black line running from top to bottom of the screen (as if it splits the screen into 2 halves right at the middle). Can this problem be fixed? Thank you for assistance

Comment

I've answered in your thread.

Comment

hello

I would like an opinion about my problam if possible. I have for 2.5 years a 42 panasonic tx-p24u20e plasma screen and suddenly nefore 3 days averical stripe appeared in the middle of the screen up - down i thinnk its cloour its blue and its wide its always the same. I ll try to upload some pics

heres one

can i do something to fix it?
                any ideas about the cost to fix it?

Comment

Cost, likely $0.00.

You have a very common fault with this model, a loose connector on the bottom of the plasma panel. You will need to turn the set off, take it apart, and reseat all of the connectors along the bottom of the glass panel. If you need help, post pictures of the chassis.

Extremely important: At no point during reseating the cables should you be tempted to power up the set and then attach a cable, doing so runs a high chance of damaging the plasma panel, which would not be repairable. Always turn the set off before making changes.

Comment

Always turn the set off before making changes.
                    And wait 30 seconds or more to allow the caps to discharge to be safe.

Comment

Thank you fro your quick reply ... the tv hasnt been moved at all from its current position how's the connector loose? Is there a picture guide of doing the procedure you told me?

Comment

It wasn't seated at the factory right, and as the set heats up in operation then cools down after being off they can work their way loose. I have encountered several different sets with loose cables being the only fault (3 out of about 50 TVs fixed so far.)

Comment

Thank you Tomm .. well is there a wayu to post me a link or by its mechanicalk drawing cyrcling the spots i have to check?

ps first time i open a tv

Comment

Can you show us a picture of what is inside of your TV?

Comment

hm.... i cant unplug it right now ... tomorrow probably ... are the connectors you mentioned the same as the flat line on laptops? connecting vga with screen?

i ve seen a video but for a different kind of problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhRDSY4RCt4

are these the connectors?

Comment

i think this is it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAm82lhky4

Comment

Different fault and different cause for that first one &
                                  The plasma in the video is 5 years older and so very different.

It may be loose LVDS like for laptop; though my opinion is it is more likely panel or C board loose connection.

You NEED to get us a picture of YOUR TV, not of someone else's, not of a different model, because Panasonic are so very fond of making fairly major changes to their panels in the same production year, which may make our guidance inaccurate unless we have exact pictures.

Comment

Different fault and different cause for that first one &
                                    The plasma in the video is 5 years older and so very different.

It may be loose LVDS like for laptop; though my opinion is it is more likely panel or C board loose connection.

You NEED to get us a picture of YOUR TV, not of someone else's, not of a different model, because Panasonic are so very fond of making fairly major changes to their panels in the same production year, which may make our guidance inaccurate unless we have exact pictures.
                                    Tom i didnt sent the video because i had the same problem but to show me the spot where i ahve to remove the ribbon cables. Anyway i am sending some pics of my tv backplate

first a small video (inform me if you can see it )
                                    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

and some pics

Comment

The display is divided into 15 portions horizontally (along the width of the TV.)
                                      Of these portions, how much would you say is affected?

Comment

The display is divided into 15 portions horizontally (along the width of the TV.)
                                        Of these portions, how much would you say is affected?
                                        Icant understand what you are saying ... too much technical info...nevertheless i thouhg that the procedure was only to disconnect ribon cables, The only thing i can say is the the stripe is vertical at the middle of the screen all the way up -->down and has width 2.5 cm

you also wanted to see the inside of the tv ... your question has nothing to do with the pictures like i have never posted them
                                        Last edited by ieronymous; 06-04-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I already saw the pictures. I just needed you to clarify.

In this image:
                                          http://i40.tinypic.com/mmr604.jpg

along the bottom of the display you have some flex connectors and metal plates with two screws on them. You need to remove the screws and connector, then reseat the connector and screw it back down. You only need to do the faulty one; locating it can be done by estimating the general area the fault is in.

Comment

Working...
                                          X