Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 14282 Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 14282 Bios

Hi I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon 14282-2m that cycles on powerup. Fan and KB lights ramp up then down. I suspect it is a bios corruption problem. I have tried 16MB files for other similar boards (12xxx) but worst results (nothing comes on at all).

If anyone has this file, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 14282 Bios

Turns out there is a HW problem with the motherboard. So this bios image is probably a good one!

Not much info on these Gen 4 X1 .

Cheers!

J.

Comment

It has a password
      what is the password pleas

Comment

I have same problem with same motherboard.Is anyone solved that problem?

Comment

2nd gen had problems with onboard memories. Not sure if 4th gen also has this problem. Similar symptoms.

Comment

Backup old bios... try and report
            Attached Files

Comment

i tried multiple bios and it always the same problem .. light up for just a second and turn off..laptop normally charges the battery...

Comment

Originally posted by nemac98 View Post
                i tried multiple bios and it always the same problem .. light up for just a second and turn off..laptop normally charges the battery...
                Send serial number or if possible send me bios update link i try to make new bios then if bios problem i sure give display

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                  Send serial number or if possible send me bios update link i try to make new bios then if bios problem i sure give display
                  Here's the original bios .. but I'm slowly starting to believe that bios is not the problem
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nemac98 View Post
                    Here's the original bios .. but I'm slowly starting to believe that bios is not the problem
                    Try this file, it was extracted from original website exe file and I repaired your file.

if not work then check hardware issues..
                    Attached Files

Comment

hello
                      i have this bios for Thinkpad Carbon X1 in my collection of bios if can help any one
                      Attached Files

Comment

bios is having password.
                        Let me know if anyone knows please

Comment

I have this motherboard on a lenovo x1 carbon yoga 20FR

I Think I bricked it after a bios update

It boots to bios but no further and cant repair in bios

i assume the bios is corrupt. The bios is here

https://englandandco-my.sharepoint.c...feHtQ?e=RgsB1Y

i have flashed the motherboard with a different bios but all it did was turn the fan on for 1 second and then die.

Is it possible to fix the original bios?

i have a ch341 to flash the motherboard. Otherwise I was looking to flash with the most recent bios update which is here

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds111756

but i dont know how to extract the bios or if it would work. I assume it was this bios that was updating when it bricked

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Comment

try...
                            Attached Files
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks.

I'll give this a go and come back

Comment

I'm now getting detection error on storage device(m.2)

but im thinking this might be a good sign.

I might have knackered the ssd from bios update but if the computer works with a replacement ssd then thats better than not working at all and now its looking at the ssd for i presume an operating system, means that maybe the bios is now ok?

ill work on this next and see what happens. Will let you know.

Thank you Peste - ive a got glimmer of hope here

Comment

MSD Flea -thanks for your suggestion (dont know if my email was sent to you)

I got my computer to boot from an external drive running windows 10 which is great. so i may try:-

- and flash to a newer bios as suggested by SMD Flea -which worries me now -its why im here in the first place but i guess i know how to recover it now.

- otherwise see if the ssd can be recovered in some way (it doesnt show up in windows 10 which im running from the external hard drive)

- or buy another one for about £33

whatever happens i dont have a brick at the moment

thanks for all your help. I would love to know what you did with the bios ie how to fix it myself in case i got in the same position again - i feel like i was helpless with that bit - or at least push me in the direction of a tutorial if there is one -or web page-but otherwise no problem

thanks

Comment

If its working fine now and you`re worried about flashing the bios again then leave it as-is .
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I can run this from an external drive now. Can't get it to recognise the m2 ssd even though it has the most up to date bios and IME.

I know the m2 ssd works on another compter and i also tried a new m2 ssd with no luck. Ive reseated it and cleaned all the contacts etc. No luck

My last thought was to remember this all happened not with a bios update but when the computer was updating the intel management. So might this be corrupt?

SMDFlea -is the bios bin you gave me (which works) fixed because you cleaned the IME?

If so then I guess I'm stuck and I will probably replace the motherboard as booting externally is a pain in the bum.

Otherwise I might try and clean it although im not sure which firmware to use.

If im now posting in the wrong place I apologise.

Any help is always gratefully received

Comment

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 14282-2M LRV1 Clear Me Please
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X