Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic th-p42x10z

Originally posted by lambchopsnz View Post
    Well that is a bugger the thing is with every board change i have had the same result 6 blinks i also still got the 8 blinks when unplugging the sc20 cable with the new c boards.I didnt see anything obvious on the ribbon cables to the c boards. I dont actually know when the 6 blinks happened but i believe the tv was working one night and the next time turned on had 6 blinks.
    Yeah, well if that happened to one of mine I'd be thinking SC. You virtually need to find someone with a know working TV and put your boards in one at a time for testing.

Comment

OK cheers for ya help and advice anyway really appreciated and no one else wanted to comment lol
      Now to see if we can get Russell's tv going.

Comment

Im not sure if its a fix but i think the picture says it all
        Attached Files

Comment

yep it's one of those .

Comment

Nick has very kindly let me try his power supply pcba and I'm pleased to confirm that the picture is now completely normal. Vsus and Vda are stable under load unlike my pcba where they seemed to sag. So am now confident that this was causing the picture issues.
            Unfortunately this doesn't help Nick with his set though.
            Kind regards
            Russell

Comment

Wow. Sorry I couldn't nail the fault for you.

Comment

tw2005, we appreciate the help and the time that you give. Who would think that it wouldn't show an error with that drop in voltage. My thoughts without investigating are that either the Power board is saying all is fine or that this error isn't being checked for after the display is turned on. Probably the first is most likely and is part of the board fault that it thinks it's in regulation with load when it's not.
                Nick hasn't given up on his yet, he is just busy with other things at the moment. Kind regards
                Russell

Comment

yes really appreciated all the advice and feedback you gave us tw2005,at least we fixed one problem.
                  Now this maybe a silly question but was just reading on another forum about a panasonic plasma with 6 blinks when plugged into an extension cord but turning on when plugged straight into the wall socket... now do you really think this would make a difference because i just realised everytime i plugged my tv in it was plugged into an extension cord and i never tried it into just the plug. hmmm not really hopeful but i guess it could be possible..

Comment

Originally posted by lambchopsnz View Post
                    yes really appreciated all the advice and feedback you gave us tw2005,at least we fixed one problem.
                    Now this maybe a silly question but was just reading on another forum about a panasonic plasma with 6 blinks when plugged into an extension cord but turning on when plugged straight into the wall socket... now do you really think this would make a difference because i just realised everytime i plugged my tv in it was plugged into an extension cord and i never tried it into just the plug. hmmm not really hopeful but i guess it could be possible..
                    sounds crazy, you'd have to wonder how many amps it was drawing.

No I think short of finding a working TV and swapping your boards one by one into it to replicate the fault, I have no ideas at all.

Comment

Well I gave up on my original tv for a while but i have just managed to get hold of a second tv of same model..This one had the 12 flashes of led when powered on so changed my A board over and to my surprise it goes lol just not 100% the screen has 2 little vertical lines one each side of panel so now i hope its one of the spare boards i have and not the panel itself...

Comment

well this tv went for about 5 mins with the 2 lines on the screen and not sure what i did if i just unplugged the wrong cable or something but when i turned it back on i was back to the same 6 blinks that i had with the other tv so after 9 months of this tv sitting in the spare room in bits i think i ready to give up. I think i will take the boards out and try to sell them since i believe its the panels that are the problem...lesson learnt dont play with plasmas lol
                        Anyone interested in the boards?

Comment

Been heree before. Clip sos6 from SS output to bottom panel driver boards. It's an erroneous error. Panasonic's are very temperamental with vertical VA buffer shorts.
                          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

so it is the panel thats buggered then?

Comment

Yes
                              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Working...
                              X