14 blinks TC-P50ST30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14 blinks TC-P50ST30

Ok , replaced Q402 and Q403 with new 30F131 and am too chicken to plug it in. Big lightning storm approaching VHF radio indicating strikes every few minutes.
    New SC board is clearing customs somewhere in Canada .
    Repaired board not short circuited on vsus pins any more and cannot find continuity from ribbon connectors to ground on SU ( buffer?) boards. Might give it another week. Would feel so good to have fixed this TV. I have 4 extra 30F131 if I end up not needing them.

Comment

I have 10 ohms to ground on SV46 connector to buffer board. The other 2 connectors are clear , SV46 rings the continuity buzzer on my multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by nwflight View Post
        I have 10 ohms to ground on SV46 connector to buffer board. The other 2 connectors are clear , SV46 rings the continuity buzzer on my multimeter.
        I don't understand, You need to be more specific. SC46, SD46 ? What pins?

What do you get on pins 2,6,8 SU41 to gnd plate on buffer.

pin 6,2,1 SD42 to gnd plate on buffer.

Comment

Sorry for being such a noob. Should I put the repaired SC card in the circuit for these tests? I cannot get any continuity to ground any where on the SD ad SU cards. I am using the screw on the top right as you face the SU card it is the only place that I can see the card to chassis connects.
          Hope the new SC card is here this week.

Comment

No, just need to be sure there's no shorts on the buffer boards. Where was the 10 ohm reading coming from?

Comment

On SC46 5 ohms pin 1,3,5,7 to gnd .

Don't know what I was talking about with 10 ohms and SV connector , sorry.

Comment

1,3,5,7 are gnd

Comment

I have an 18 inch alligator clip on my black lead so maybe that is the reading.
                  I think it is fixed. but the other card should be here soon . thank you for your help. I think I will keep my eye out for discarded plat screens.

Comment

Should the meter be on M ohms to test for shorted circuits?
                    I was just reading another thread repair got me thinking.
                    I have been using ohm scale.

Comment

Usually you'll have it in the lowest ohm range for short testing.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Usually you'll have it in the lowest ohm range for short testing.
                        Thank you, I remember doing exercises in school measuring the output of meters so as not to damage stuff and can only remember enough to be afraid.
                        My new card should be here by Friday then I can compare readings.

Comment

Checked new SC card against repaired card and found some components that were shorted when compared to new card, so marked them and installed new card.
                          Still no screen illumination. Goes on and off with the remote now and it did not with original problem. Unplugged and checked for short at vsus SC and OK.

Comment

Wait ! I got something! Going to put the cover on and try it. So excited I wet myself!

Comment

Thank you , thank you , thank you, It works.
                              Had the brightness set to 100% should I lower this for longer life?
                              The fix was 59usd SC card plus 30usd shipping.
                              Prefer this picture to televisions in store.
                              Noticed the tv really puts static into the VHF at 123.2 HZ .
                              Now to find another project.
                              thank you for advising not to plug in repaired card , I think it still needs work.

Comment

so what wrong, earth screws?

Comment

I really didn't do any thing . Shut it down to read the manual then checked the ribbon cable and the wire type ribbon cables and tried it again and got the Vierra ribbon on the bottom of the screen. First time anything has been visible since the start. Putting the cover on now and have a spare SC Card and some 30 F131 .

Comment

maybe poorly seated ribbon, I've given myself a scare a couple of time at the SC board like that ripping those boards in and out on mine.

what other bit were short on the old board? Some of those boards for sale were cheap, at $8 a pop for the transistors if this was my TV I'd still invest in a spare board, you could still try repairing yours but without a good one to compare too it may be tricky.

Anyway, a happy ending,

Comment

I was testing from gnd to the legs on the pins and these were different when compared to the new card but then I had a component on the new card that was to gnd on both legs so I said to heck with it and put it in before I wrecked something.
                                      D642,D481,Q422,Q441 were either one leg to gnd or both as compared to the new card.
                                      Tv good now and bringing the 20 inch back to the dump but I am a bit nervous about my plasma now. Any recommended UPS ?

Comment

A UPS will not prevent failure.

One of the best things to do is install any firmware updates available for your TV.
                                        http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model...s&support#tabs

This may prevent future failures.

Also, check all fans are clean. Make sure the TV has adequate airflow, especially if it is wall mounted.

Turn TV mode from Dynamic into Cinema or Normal, and turn the brightness down a few notches.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Off to get sd card. my version is 2030 and it looks like if under 2222 should be upgraded. It is working . Hope I don't screw it up Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                                          X