Belinea 102035W Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belinea 102035W Help

Well done,and the cost was ......'Not a Lot' as Paul Daniels used to say.

Comment

under £5

Comment

Ok, the monitor is working fine now, as I mentioned before, but there are a few more caps I would feel more comfortable if I replaced. Problem is, a couple of them are 125 degree caps, and esr.co.uk only seem to have 105 degree caps. Would it be ok to use 105 degree caps instead of 125?

Comment

125 degree caps? Darn. In that case... if it ain't broken, don't fix it.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

they're buldging though and I would expect them to fail soon, so I'd rather replace them before they do

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
              they're buldging though and I would expect them to fail soon
              Actually, that means they already have failed.
              Just use quality 105C rated caps (i.e. Panasonic, Rubycon, Nichicon, Chemicon, Samxon). As long as the ripple current and the ESR of the replacements match or exceed the specs of the original caps, everything should be fine.

Comment

105C should be fine.

Comment

theres a couple of 6.3v caps, so im asuming that its ok to replace those with 25v caps?

Comment

Maybe a bit overkill,and would have no problem with 10v ones.Even the 25v ones will probably work,but you don't know where they are in the circuit,as I say it may fine.Will they fit ?? as the 25v ones are certainly must larger than the original 6.3 ones ??

Comment

the 6.3v ones are actually not that much smaller than the 16 and 25v ones

Comment

Up to you then really.

Comment

well it'll have to be 16v caps then. As long as they work, then thats good enough for me.

Comment

Hey!
                            I've the same problem with this monitor... but I can't open the casing. I'm unscrewed all the screws, but still holding up ... and didn't want to broke anything. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by arekkks View Post
                              Hey!
                              but I can't open the casing
                              Pry it apart. See

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...84&postcount=2
                              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Andeh View Post
                                  well it'll have to be 16v caps then. As long as they work, then thats good enough for me.
                                  I too have the same problem with the same monitor but like others am struggling to remove the back. Screws are out and I did try prying it open but with little luck.

Andeh can you give any help as to where the catches are located on the case to know where to pry the plastic or any other assistance for that matter.

TIA

G

Comment

Hi,
                                    I too have this same monitor, and problem, I just cannot remove the front bevel, I have loosened all the way round but it seems to be catching about 1/2" from the bottom on both sides and refuses to pry off, I see mention of screws but I cannot see where any screws would be located, any help in getting the front bevel off would be greatly appreciated !!

Comment

Originally posted by malnon View Post
                                      Hi,
                                      I too have this same monitor, and problem, I just cannot remove the front bevel, I have loosened all the way round but it seems to be catching about 1/2" from the bottom on both sides and refuses to pry off, I see mention of screws but I cannot see where any screws would be located, any help in getting the front bevel off would be greatly appreciated !!
                                      I've just finished working on my Belinea 102036W, so I might be able to help. Once you've separated the monitor from whatever stops it from falling on the floor, there are five screws to locate and undo before you can start prising the back off. One big screw is directly behind the on/off switch and points at it from behind. (You may have to remove a plate held on with four screws to gain access to it if you use a stand for the monitor.) There are four more screws hiding under four black bungs which are disguised as decorative raised pills on the large black plastic cover. There's one in each corner and they need pulling out with pliers. Then you can do your worst with a screwdriver to lever the back off.

Adrian

Comment

I had a very similar problem to the op and solved it by replacing all five 100uf 25v capacitors on the board which is pictured in image number 4 on the first page of this thread. The blue switch light used to flash randomly and the monitor needed unplugging whenever the screen went black for a legitimate reason like going into standby, changing orientation etc. I used cheap 85 degree C caps from Maplins as I was in a hurry. They should be 105 degrees. The five original caps were all just slightly domed; no brown ooze. Hope that helps someone.

Adrian

Comment

Hi guys!
                                          I need some help! I had same problem so i Have decided to give it a try. I have ordered and replaced all of them faulty caps beside two. I am not sure which goes where. I have taken photo before I took them out but cant see it clearly on photo due to the light reflection.
                                          Please let me know which goes where if you have any clues.
                                          See them two on pic below.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X