Clear All

Hello to all

I am computer repairer

I live in France in Lyon

and I am very happy to join you on this forum

to soon

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I am a Engineering Tech for a professional photo lab. I work on a lot of older equipment and I'm always looking to expand my skill set as parts become unavailable and we have to start doing component level repairs.

Comment

Hello everyone im Jim 47 yr old living in essex uk. I am a gas engineer and enjoy spending time with my two sons,building/fixing computers playing pc games and my dogs Maddie and Max. I joined this site hoping to find a fix for a tv that landed in my lap and look forward to talking to you.

Comment

Hey folks, my name is technoxious, not really, but it fits. Like the thread starters here, I've been hardwaring for $ for the last 42 years. It even took me on a few world tours, but that was so long ago the people who hired me and put up with my shizz ('cause I could fix their gear) are no longer famous or even mentioned much anymore. Still teching for scientific research (21 years and counting) DIYing my ancient German autos (a lot), my music keyboard rig, and my el cheapo consumer gear (craigslist is my friend).
          So my toshiba high def 16-9 1080i CRT widescreen (no lie) took the proverbial dump last night (horizontal zoom, flyback, I bet) , and I had to drag out a 40 some inch plasma that I found on the side of the road (still no lie) and I love the picture, but it's got the sparklies intermittently, so here I am.
          You've already helped me, so thanks for that!
          Cheers!

Comment

Hello all. Brand new to site and to trying to fix a TV. Looking to possibly repair my Vizio E65x-c2. Thanks

Comment

Hello from ALL ,

Im Zeca from Belgrade

regards

Comment

Hi all,

Here to seek advise on my LG plasma

Comment

Hi all, i'm from Shropshire in England, i hope to pick the brains of those with more experience of tv repair than myself.

Comment

Originally posted by max232 View Post
                    Hey, Tony from the UK

Work in IT, all aspects.

First computer, ZX81 which was OK from what I remember but first love was an Amiga 500 then an Amiga 1200...

Snip...
                    I have a bit of a collection here as well, two 4000's, four 2000's, two 1200's, two 600's, god knows how many 500's, three SX64's, two or three 128D's, four or five 128's, an unknown quantity of C64's, two Aquarius's, two Acorns, two MSX's (I always buy a spare it seems...), three or four TI-99/4A's, a couple of Spectrums, and a few FPGA-powered 8-bit clones (mist, Chameleon, and four Vampire V2's).

And here is my nerdling-in-training soldering up her Harlequin ZX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q29C5nc-9k

She is understandably very proud of her Speccy, but it didn't take long for her to latch on to my 128 +3.

She also helped repair her parent's widescreen TV a couple of weekends ago.

Comment

Howdy from Maryland...I discovered this forum via a suggestion from Facebook! I was about to toss my 70" Vizio (the famous E701i-A3) until I was told about this site and the instructions on how to determine which driver-board is faulty (I've already fried one T-Con replacement). Thanks for the great info! -PJ

Comment

Hello My name is Morten Olsen and I have registeres here to get some help with my KDL46EX720.

Thanks and regards Morten

Comment

Hello,
                          I'm a new member and I've been repairing some LCD/TFT monitors and TVs that I find in a dumpster.

I'll post some information about my findings while repairing these equipment.

Regards

Roberto

Comment

Hello
                            Nikola from Serbia
                            Sory for my bad englesh
                            I repair on amater level.
                            Wanth to learning, born 19 12 1974

Comment

Hello. Diving into trying to repair my tv.

Comment

Hi. Hoping for some help with my plasma. Thanks.

Comment

Hello.
                                  I come from Slovakia.
                                  I try repair my old LCD TV.
                                  I hope to find helpers here

Comment

hi guys ! thanks for the ad, been repairing electronic stuff since i was little, first major thing was my parents black and white valve tv when i was about 13 ? did have a spell in the 80's when tv repair was my living, but moved on to other things, so its more of a hobby these days. was given a techwood lcd tv few months back, its made by vestel, and its the reason i found this site, as most times i googled an issue for this set, it came up with a post from these forums, so thought it was time to join ! lol. not found my way around here yet, so if anyone can point me in the right direction for help with these vestel made sets i would be grateful. thanks.

Comment

Hi! From Birmingham, AL. I'm hoping I can get guidance on a "recovery" project I'm working on. Thank you.

Comment

Good morning, I found your post while trying to research a tv problem I am having. Looks like a good site of knowledgeable humans.

Little bit about me..

I am self employed electrician from Oklahoma. I have 15 guys (cry babies) working for me atm. I'm wiring 3 hotels in OKC and looking to do more.

As far as a self taught person, I would like to think I can do just about anything, with the help of forums like this and YouTube. Also I might be able to answer some of your questions also.

Thanks for having me.

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hi to all,
                                          i hope to find a solution for my LCD in this great forum!
                                          Have some repairing skills, not professional level and just for passion.
                                          Regards from Italy
                                          Chris

Comment

Working...
                                          X