Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-P50X60B 3 blinking lights

So tonight my TV started blinking.

Blinking a series of three (red). After some googling it lead me to these forums. I am hoping that I might be able to fix it without too much effort (or soldering). Never fixed a TV before but willing to give it a go before throwing it on the scrap heap.

The closet service manual I have found is for TX-P50S20B

Which seems to indicate that the blinking is 3.3 volt SOS error on board A. Which if I have interpreted it correctly is the board that has the connectors (HDMI, Coaxial).

Is the best approach simply to try swap boards and pray it works? (seem to be able £15 on ebay) or is it a bit more complicated than that ?
    Last edited by Alec; 03-07-2018, 05:29 PM. Reason: Cant spell

Re: Panasonic TX-P50X60B 3 blinking lights

I can't open the manual as I'm on my phone but if it's the page that shows the blink codes, look at the heading of the column. It says check point, where to check for this fault not which board is at fault.
    It's going to be a bit more complicated than buying an A board. Posting pictures with the back off the TV and measuring voltages with a multimeter at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
      I can't open the manual as I'm on my phone but if it's the page that shows the blink codes, look at the heading of the column. It says check point, where to check for this fault not which board is at fault.
      It's going to be a bit more complicated than buying an A board. Posting pictures with the back off the TV and measuring voltages with a multimeter at a minimum.
      Thanks I appreciate the reply !!

This weekend was the first chance I had, here are a few photos of the inside.

I am just waiting to get my multimeter that I loaned to a mate a year back.

Comment

Yes do a bit of investigation first. I had a penny showing 3 blinks which after a component change went to 2 blinks. The board is cheap though so not a lot of risk. Some of those screen connectors need careful straightening.

Comment

Hello

Is there any solution to this problem yet? I replaced the main board and no cure!

If I enable power board on the bench (by shortening ON pins to standby 5v) and connect a dummy load in Vsus I'm getting all output voltages, without a dummy it starts up but voltages decay slowly

I replaced the signal (A board) but still the same fault, green on start up changes to 3 red blinks, I checked SC board but theres no short IGBTs anywhere, my friend says service manual doesnt explain 3 red blinks, and disconnecting SC board supply doesnt change it to 7 blinks etc

anyone can point me in the right direction, could it be its still A board faulty?

Comment

Working...
          X