X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46D6510, Horizontal Lines

Hey,
    I got this Samsung TV for free.
    It has some thin horizontal lines on the top 3/4 of the picture.
    I think the panel is bad, what do you think? Is it repairable? The T-Con board is ok.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hauke; 03-06-2018, 02:13 PM.

Re: Samsung UE46D6510, Horizontal Lines

I have disconnected the left panel side from T-Con board.
    Now the right side of the picture is normal, clear picture without lines. The left side is black. Maybe it is a panel driver fault.

Comment

Yes. The left side has a short in the gate driving section of the lcd panel itself. There's no real repair for this except possibly the scotch tape method where you cover up a few pins on the ribbon on the left until both sides look good. You will have to find out where you can place the tape to achieve this. It sounds silly but it actually works.

turn off tv first. place tape over a few pins reseat cable and turn on if it doesn't look right turn off TV again before removing cable
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thanks. I found the gate signal pins on the tcon and covered them up.

Now the whole screen works, but there is a thin colored line left.
        The line starts at the damaged side of the panel and fades down after about the half screen. At the opposite of the panel the colors are fine.

Comment

What you're seeing is the original short that's causing the problem. If it's a vertical line, That cannot be cleared up unfortunately. That's a source COF failure. Maybe upload a picture of the line that you see?

Comment

Here is a picture of the current state of the TV.
            The line is very annoying because I've come this far.
            The line also does not go through the whole picture.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes that line is the original root of your problem the panel in the left hand gate driver side is manipulating that fault along every scan line Because it is a short circuit. What you did was allow the tcon to apply the voltage equally ignoring the short. You could try a little heat in that area to see of the line disappears. But you need to do this with the frame off the LCD screen and do not apply too much heat. Although this is not going to alleviate the problem it will alleviate the short in the panel temporarily. In the past I have taken a ryobi grinder slightly ground that section of the panel before you hit the actual liquid crystal. This is not advisable. in the past I have had success with doing that surprisingly

Comment

I applied heat to the area until the pixels got a little brighter. But this has not affected the line. Or should I do this when the TV is unplugged? How much heat?

Do you have photos of your grinded section of the panel? Since I canĀ“t use the TV with this line I would even try this.
                Last edited by Hauke; 03-09-2018, 04:36 AM.

Comment

If you strip the frame down do you have side gate drivers on the side where the line is?

Comment

I got this Samsung TV for free.
                    The usual lucky man.... i have always to pay for ... >:-L

freakaftr8:
                    In the past I have taken a ryobi grinder slightly ground that section of the panel
                    What you have done? Sorry don't understand... A drill with a grinder tip? To grind what?

To the OP:
                    There's another method, is a non return mode, strip out all the driver tabs at the faulty side, there's maybe one of them with a short at one output.
                    other methods:
                    1-[never tested] Read the native vertical resolution and divide for the number of vert. tabs, now draw with pc an image not jpeg with same resolution of the screen and a graduation with quotes at the sides, connect pc to tv to show the pic, now calculate the line number of the fault, subtract the lines associated to other tabs, starting from the screen side with the horiz. tabs (line 0), with a magnifying glass cut approxim. the output lines of the driver tab with the faulty one.
                    2-With the screen bezel removed, locate vcc (3,3v) on the panel's board that goes to left faulty side of tabs,
                    the line must run on the leftmost horiz. tab without entering the chip, then cut it.
                    Last edited by Davi.p; 03-10-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X