No announcement yet.

Samsung TV On Off Cycle Bad Capacitors, PLEASE READ, I need your help guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung TV On Off Cycle Bad Capacitors, PLEASE READ, I need your help guys

What caps did they use as replacements? Care to share a picture? It is possible that caps fail without bulging - especially if inferior replacements are used. How long since the repair was done?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like Panasonic caps were used, which is a good start - though the positioning of them leaves a bit to be desired. I know another common issue with this TV is some cold solder joints. Can you remove the board and inspect it for joints that look like this, especially around the heatsinks.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/mainr...tion/james.jpg
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I bought the TV on 9/13/08
          It was repaired 5/4/10

After seeing that the caps looked good (although I think they could be bad)I put the TV back together .
          It clicked on & off A few times & came on.
          It wouldn't do this before I took it apart.
          I don't want to turn it off because I think it may not turn on again as before.
          I would like to fix it myself.
          Any suggestions ?
          Thanks

Comment

It does sound like you might have a cold joint somewhere on the power supply and it is fairly common with Samsung TVs. I would suggest when it fails (not "if") you inspect the PSU for bad solder joints.

Comment

If the solders are cracked that may be why I could turn it on after handling & moving it around it.

Comment

Yes, exactly - movement often can allow them to work briefly. You know the old trick with CRT TVs whenever they went wrong was to tap or bang them? Same idea - back when solder joints were more of a problem. Nowadays - rarely an issue. However, seems Samsung may have had some parts of the power supplies hand soldered by people who didn't know what they were doing, they are mostly machine soldered though except the big transistors. I'm not sure why.

Comment

Hi - I have a Samsung LN52A650 LCD TV and am having the clicking sounds that Samsung is famous for. I took the back cover off the TV and it threw me for a loop because the 2 bad capacitors are 25v 1000uF, not the 10v or 16v that seems to be the majority of the issues you see and read about. The 2 16v ones right next to the 25v are fine. Is this normal that the 25v would be the issue and should I replace with another 25v or go even higher now? Thanks...

Comment

Replace all of the caps -- only a matter of time until they all fail.

Do not use capacitors from RadioShack, Fry's or similar outlets, they are not appropriate for the particular application.

Comment

I have an ln52b750 that may have took a light ing hit. Now it's clicking like the bad cap problem. Opened the back and doesn't look like any caps are bulged. Could it still be bad caps or something else? When I unplug the video board the clicking stops. It's the black relay clicking not either of the blue ones. Any advice.?

Comment

Working...
                      X