toshiba sat dablidmb8e0 power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toshiba sat dablidmb8e0 power

I wanted to submit this case to you: at the beginning it would turn on normally with the button but with a black screen, I thought of the bios since the external monitor I had connected did not remain black, I found a file in the bios section, I reprogrammed it and when I went to turn on the display also turned on, so I turned off, I reassembled everything and when I go to try just by connecting the AC connector the three LEDs light up: amber, blue and white of the on / off button, the display remains black , if I turn it off from the button it turns off after 5 sec but if I turn it on it no longer turns on, I have to disconnect the AC connector and reconnect it then it turns on again, I made several tests, if I connect only the battery it turns on as in the previous case and turns off but it does not turn on again, with the battery connected if I connect the AC connector it does not turn on but the battery charges, if with the AC connected I insert the battery it does not turn on, in all cases once turned off it does not turn on again from the button, I noticed an that when the voltages on U18, bios chip are turned on, they are very low 0.7 / 1v, while when I turn it off with the button they return to normal, I changed the chip but it behaves in the same way, I can't understand what happened

Re: toshiba sat dablidmb8e0 power

practically I noticed that the 3vpcu on U18 is missing so the flash is not powered, this voltage should go out of PQ10 if I saw well on the diagram, in practice the gate signal on this mosfet that comes out of the kbc is missing, I don't understand if this is defective or something else is missing

Comment

hi, I tried to read the eprom U17 st24c08 to know the exact model, but I'm not sure, you could tell me the exact model, thanks

satellite L50-B-1F145340c-PKSTNE021017DO

Comment

You mean PSKTNE .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by poweron View Post
          practically I noticed that the 3vpcu on U18 is missing so the flash is not powered, this voltage should go out of PQ10 if I saw well on the diagram, in practice the gate signal on this mosfet that comes out of the kbc is missing, I don't understand if this is defective or something else is missing
          +3VPCU and +5VPCU is generated by PU4.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-31-2020, 04:43 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            +3VPCU and +5VPCU is generated by PU4.
            these tensions are present

Comment

If i`m understanding it correctly U18 is an AND gate, it needs pin 1 and 2 to be high before pin 4 is high.U18 is powered by +3V_S5 from PQ2 ,S5D is the gate .

Comment

I have to start by saying that the original U18 was a GD25B64B and since it was defective not having it I replaced it with a W25Q64FV are they compatible? I don't want the problem to be here

Comment

I was looking at U18 in the BLBD schematic.

Comment

I measured the gate on pin 3 of pq2, and I find 11.86v is normal?

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      I was looking at U18 in the BLBD schematic.
                      you ave schematic?

Comment

yes,this one https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52617 .The part numbers on the board will not match all parts in the schematic. The proper schematic isn`t available as i mentioned before https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85618

Comment

You`ll have to reference what you want to test on the board against the schematic,its going to be a difficult repair without the proper schematic.

Comment

it is certainly not a walk, but before going into the repair I would like to understand which side I should investigate, if on the bios front, or on the kbc

Comment

the most important problem now is to understand why it turns itself on by connecting power, under what conditions can this happen?
                              Last edited by poweron; 08-01-2020, 02:46 AM.

Comment

how do you know if the bios is to be cleaned or not?

Comment

I programmed U18 with this file and now it always turns on by itself by connecting ac dapter or battery, in practice this happens: by connecting the battery it turns on by itself, the led power on and power button, pressing power button turns off after 5 sec, if I connect the AC adapter only the amber LED of the charge lights up and the battery is charged, but if I want to switch on it doesn't light up anymore, I have to disconnect both the battery and the AC and then reconnecting one of the two it switches on again without pressing the power button, so the difference compared to other bios is that with this it turns off
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-06-2020, 04:33 AM. Reason: translated to english

Comment

this it's the file
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-06-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

If you want your bios looking at then post it in the "Bios Requests ONLY!" section .You said you had low voltage at the bios .

Comment

ok, sorry, how can I post a bin file?

Comment

Working...
                                        X