Help finding compatible replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding compatible replacement

I've been looking to find this cap but with no luck. Maybe the group could help me find a compatible replacement somewhere on the net. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Help finding compatible replacement

1uf 400v MKT metalized capacitor is what you're searching for.

Comment

So what do the other number and letters mean? Form factor, ratings, etc., that is what had me confused.

Comment

A little more specifically, it's a 1uF, +/-5%, 400V metallized polyester capacitor. The "J" means 5% tolerance; the "T" in MKT refers to polyethylene terephthalate, aka polyester. The "369" is probably some sort of date/lot code. Not sure about the "ME"; back in the 1980s there was a company called Mepco Electra, but I think they got bought up by some other company in the late 80s or the 90s.

As for replacing it, a 1uF, 400V metallized polyester capacitor that fits should suffice.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
        X