X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 40LV665D - Not powering up

For information only.

Initial problem.
    No standby light on powering up the set using the mains On/Off switch - side panel buttons.

With the power supply disconnected from the mainboard the 5.1V is available at PJ90 (pin 13) along with Power_Protect 3.1V at JP91 (pin 1). All other voltages are at 0V.

Jumping a 1K resistor between Power_TV and 5V1 bring up the 18V, 24V & 12V supplies.

Disconnected the Inverter leads P861 and set now powers up and plays DVD though SCART socket.

Found replacement inverter board in my junk pile that was from a LogiK L40DIGB20 to be an identical replacement.

Samsung Electro-Mechanics INV40N14A.
    Model SSI_400_14A01
    Rev0.1
    2008. 11. 13

Set now up and running.

Interestingly the original Inverter board has a short circuit across 24V supply but neither fuse has blow.
    Attached Files
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Re: Toshiba 40LV665D - Not powering up

Using an external power supply determined that Q313 (BV9N4V) short circuit. Once removed, short circuit cleared.

Comment

Thanks for posting the fix i have just googled the set model number it looks like its a 1080 hd set so well worth the time repairing it, now i have my led tester etc its time i picked up some projects too work on if i can find any local.

Comment

It's the first set I've bought this year. People just want too much for their faulty sets. Even smashed or damaged screens are £50 - £100 with "easy fix for someone who knows how"

Comment

I may place a advert on facebook/freecycle and see what i get offered the trouble is re selling them at a profit i only do this as a hobby but extra cash can go towards better test equiptment etc.

Comment

Don't know how things are in uk. I post for free pick up of nonworking lcd on craigslist. I have never paid more than $15 for a tv. I have five ready to be sold now. Last two I picked up were backlights for free.
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

The non working tv's i have bought off e bay are generally harder to fix than the telly's i pick up off neighbours etc.. The ones off e bay often have been got at by some one trying to fix the TV. I don't see many bulging caps on tellys bought off e- bay. The non worker tv's off e bay are actually not that much cheaper than fully working telly's in many instances , so thats my gripe people - yes E- BAY sucks.. I know one guy who lived near a dumpit (skip site) he used to pinch the tellys from the site at night time , he told me he picked a Non working LG 50 inch plasma from the site and sold it on E-Bay for £190 and he was telling the truth no bull shit , someone actually paid £190 for a non working telly! this was 4 years back .

Comment

Hi, New to this forum after finding this post whilst looking for a fix for my Toshiba 40lv665d. Turned Tv on, it came on then a clicking sound and it died....not even standby light. Back off and having found this post I've established the following- I have 5.1v at pin 13 on PJ90. I have 3.4v at pin 1 on PJ91. I have disconnected the inverter board at P860 and I now have the standby light on green when tv is turned on at the button and red when put in standby with the remote, but nothing on screen. I've not checked for 18,24 or 12v supplied by jumping a resistor to 5v1 (might need some advice on doing that) With the similarities between my Tv and what Dick Barton found with his can I assume it's my inverter board that's faulty or could it be something else. I've taken the inverter board off and on the underside there's a black square with what looks like some moisture or leakage around it, there are no burn marks on it. Any advice very welcome.Thanks Barks

Comment

It is looking like an inverter board fault so would be useful to see if the checks I carried out mirror your fault.
                  Some photo's would be very useful especially where you say you have a mark on the other side of the inverter board.
                  Last edited by dick_barton; 02-07-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                    I did some more checks and saw that when the inverter board wiring was disconnected from the power supply board there was power to inverter board pins on the power supply board, connect the inverter board to the power supply board and it turned the voltage off, as well as the green light.
                    Bought an inverter board off ebay , installed it......TV now working.
                    The value of these forums is fantastic because without this post there is no way I would have been able to fix my Tv and I would have spent £300 for a new one rather than £35 for the inverter board.
                    Thanks very much and keep on posting...

Comment

Working...
                    X