This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, this is Larry Shields. I'm trying to make an introductory message but I can't find the icon that will start a clean message page for me. Embarrassing since I've bee an electronics tech for 44 years . Please guide me to the right area just this one time.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Larry Shields and I have been an Electronics Technician / Computer Technician since 1976.
      I went back to college in 2002 and Graduated with an AAS in Computer Technology and a 3.93 GPA with Computer Networking as my major.
      At that time I also earned my CISCO CCNA, CompTIA A+, Microsoft MCE and more.
      Ive worked an a Field Engineer for 3M Business products (3 years), Lanier Business Products (6 years),
      Xerox Corp (12 years servicing Production Electronic Laser Printers 9790's 4135's & 4635's) and as an IT Networking Tech in Sound Shore Hospital and Mount Vernon Hospitals in Westchester, NY.
      For many years I ran my own business servicing Xerox Production Laser Printers for the State of New York.
      I am now retired and have bought a ranch home in a private community in Rocky Mount, NC but I still enjoy working in electronics and computer equipment of my own at home.
      When I first started in electronics we replaced all of our own transistors, FET's, SCR's IC's etc. We carried DMM's, logic probes and had to know all logic, truth tables and resistor codes in our heads.
      We used oscilloscopes to troubleshoot CDC 9762 disk drives, STC Tape drives and we became very proficient troubleshooting PDP 1134 Mini Computers
      (Used in the original Space Shuttle and now on display in the Smithsonian in Washington DC.
      I and Glad to be a part of the Badcaps.net Forum and I look forward to making many friends here.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi every one, I'm Robert

Hey all, my name is Robert and I'm from the Silicon Valley California USA. My first foray into Electronics was when I disassembled my parents black-n-white TV at the age of 4, tubes and all. After several days of putting it back together it actually worked... No wonder I didn't kill my self, but i did seem to have a pretty good sense of reverence for high voltage. Both my parents worked in the Bay Area, Mom at HP, Data at Lockheed and both in the fields of Electronics and Aerospace. I started working with computers at the age of 9 and I was hooked, the fact that I could make something with electronics and control it with a program was my dream come true. I have built/owned Atari, Commodore, Tandy Color, Apple, IBM, Dec, HP and many others over the years. I have designed and built countless electronic circuits and worked with many processors and micros projects from cradle to grave. I guess that is enough about me, I look forward to meeting and getting to know others on the fourm.

Comment

Just saying hi - Joined as I came across this forum when looking to fix my TV

Comment

My name is Frank and I am a Machine Builder/Industrial Electrician/Etech at work. I like to tinker with broken electronics to increase my skill level.

Comment

Hi there,

Pleased to meet y'all.

I have some experience modifying/building valve amplifiers & music equipment, and I'm trying to bring my electronics skills and knowledge into the 21st century.

My current project is converting an old LCD monitor with CFL's into a lightbox so I'm looking for some advice and will (hopefully) make a thread about it in the appropriate place soon.

Thanks in advance for the hints and tips!

Comment

Hello All I am David (tobshad) from Virginia USA. I have been repairing Tvs, cell phones and computers for about 6 years now. I look forward to all the good advice here !!

Comment

Hi guys! I'm really looking forward to participating in the discussions. My current topic of interest is motherboard component level troubleshjooting

Comment

I am new here.
                    Trying to fix a Hitachi LE55a6r9a

Comment

Hello. I'm new. I live in California. I was referred here by ShopJimmy. I've replaced some components on my LG t.v. Am I at the right place to ask for guidance on t.v repairs? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want to sound like a dummy...to put it lightly.

Comment

Hi. new to this forum. Iv been looking info from here before but now i have one idea and want to get opinions from people who actually know about tech I mess with tv-s just as a hobby . Doing soldering and so. sometimes more luck ..sometimes no luck. Never studied that anywhere ..just decided to mess around. Repaired some tv-s but probably these had too easy problems. will see how goes in the future. Started only 1.5 year ago.

Comment

Hi All! Conner de Weers here, from the Netherlands. I'm an audio engineer and computer enthousiast, soldering mostly cables and patchbay connections but with plans of making custom equipment and repairing other devices (hopefully coming to the point of building my own recording mixer.... one is allowed to dream right?). I found this forum in my search for a repair for my Samsung 223BW, and I guessed with further projects coming along this forum might be an interesting place to keep an eye out.

Comment

Hello everybody from Venezuela. Just learning and solving. 33 years as electronics engineer at industrial enviroment. Previously graduated at National School ( valves and wires ).

Comment

I'm new, I have a TV I want to try and fix. Not much electronics knowledge, but I've assembled PCS before, so not completely clueless, just mostly so.

Comment

hi all......been lurking for while.....based in uk......decided to join this forum.......basic knowledge...so i here to learn........thank you......digby1952......

Comment

Hi, I'm a newbie and a jack of all trades. Love to tinker with electronics but not formally trained in it. Have been an software developer for many years (started out as a mainframe programmer in COBOL and Assembly Language in the early 80's - my skills were useful leading up to Y2K but not much since!).
                                  Currently I fix various components (motherboards, usually with badcaps), build audio amps and various wireless modules, etc.

Comment

I am here trying to learn about electronics on my own.i have read a fair amount but there's so much to learn.by learning from people on this site I am hoping to become more knowledgeable.thank you

Comment

Well used to be a system administrator and really could have used this forum. Now it is just my personal pcs that I occasionally have issues with. I live on Long Island , NY USA.

Comment

Hi, I'm Josh. I own a tiny repair shop in small town Florida. I don't normally repair TV's but I need some help with my own.

I see a lot of PC spec posts in here. My first system was an Apple IIe that was nearly a decade old. My first personal build was a Prescott Pentium 4 2.4ghz overclocked to 3.6ghz. Cooled with a 260 watt peltier inside a Koolance PC2-601BLW case which I added an extra 240mm rad to.

Comment

Hi, I'm Tibi. i usually repair phones, but every once in a while i go into laptos too

Comment

Working...
                                          X