No announcement yet.

Needin diagnosis of vertical lines for my potentially new project PN64E533D2F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needin diagnosis of vertical lines for my potentially new project PN64E533D2F

What part do i need for this? See a white blank strip. Are these the buffers gone bad?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Redjess; 04-13-2016, 01:54 PM.

Re: Needin diagnosis of vertical lines for my potentially new project PN64E533D2F

A new screen.

Comment

Re: Needin diagnosis of vertical lines for my potentially new project PN64E533D2F

Ok, so the white blank stripe is the indicator?

Comment

Failed Panel, the COF address driver which is bonded to the panel has shorted out not replaceable.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

BUT......You can sell the power supply for good money!!!! They are super hard to get.
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Vertical stripes or lines are never good news on any flat-screen TV, usually indicating panel or integral driver-chip failure...
            Free advice--Never buy Any s/h faulty set--Unless you need its parts--if it has Any vertical lines....
            TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
            http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
            PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
              BUT......You can sell the power supply for good money!!!! They are super hard to get.
              And he also has a large flat screen to practice his batting skills on too
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Thanks, ill weigh the options. I had gotten a samsung 55ln550c on a good deal. It had pinkish vertical lines about every inch across the whole screen. I simply eliminated the screw that goes from the cover through and into the main board. Then used a larger winged bolt to screw through the sheet metal cover but too big to fit into board, causing tension and twisted until lines went away. BTW i hate 4d tv.

Comment

ah... but regular vertical lines isn't usually a panel problem. A panel problem is usually "area centric" as opposed to across the screen. As you have found, the main board can produce "whole panel visual issues" that can be recovered from.

Comment

Ok, gotcha. Now i have heard of people reattaching (fixing) tab bonds, would that he the case here? Or is it definitely shorted?

Comment

highly unlikely that people have been successful with tab bond "remakes". You can try putting some thermal padding on one of the pads to see if it helps in terms of pressure and also heat conductivity... some people have had some success in that direction but it is usually limited and usually with lcd based screens.
                      Last edited by budwich; 04-14-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Oh, yeah the lcd or plasma differences could be the factor. Im glad i asked. Anyway someone must've grabbed that tv as listing is gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X