Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenge! Can you help me identify these parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge! Can you help me identify these parts?

Greetings, I'm hoping some can tell what the items in this picture are: http://screencast.com/t/LR0V5eXs

I have one that looks just like the pic labeled "470" instead of 220, and the small text reads "835f d". It broke off the mobo and I need to get another.I know that sound weird, but it's true. The contacts broke right off at the body.

I think its a polarized capacitor of some kind and they seem to be a rather common component, but I've looked for hours and just cannot figure it out.

If you know where I might get another or what I could replace it with, that would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Challenge! Can you help me identify these parts?

They're Tantalum capacitors. 220 mF.

Comment

Wow good eye tantalum caps at 220 μF crazy what gave it away the package is not as noticeable to me I guess being non EE just a tinkerer did you look up the 60LH @ 220 to find your answer or were you just familiar with the package?
      Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

Thanks!

So can I assume that a 470 marking = 470mF? How does that convert to pF or uF?

Any idea what the voltage might be?

Please pardon my ignorance...
        Last edited by TimB52; 07-24-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

depends on what you are talking about and what circuit it is in for instance an inverter for a ccfl backlight would likely mean 470volts rather interesting I guess you need to know the circuit and the component in order to determine what these numbers designate in that fashion there is no simpler way that I am aware of to know what they designate.

Sometimes the number on the component you can look up and get your answers after some brief searching other times it takes you lots of comparison and knowing what the mounting styles are TSOP SMT BGA so on so forth.

Enjoy maybe this helps and maybe there is an easier way to come up with the numbers but I can't think of one myself.
          Please note: I am not responsible for any harm caused to you anything discussed is just discussion. Before you try anything discussed be sure that you have the appropriate knowledge and safety gear for the job. Like with anything education and safety are first! Do not try anything @ home without it.

Comment

Normally, it would be 2.5v (the "e" after the date markings). 220 mF 2.5v.
            But markings vary according to the manufacturers, it'd be safer if you provide the brand and model of whatever you're trying to fix.

Comment

Finally found it! If you want to know, it's this one:

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?sku=22T5093

Thanks for your help! You got me going in the right direction.

Comment

This link to replacement capacitor is not what you want due to gerneral purpose term.

And this is not a Tantalum and OP wanted 470uF not 220, please read carefully.
                This is actually polymer SMD capacitor due to low profile than tantalum. Pick up a junk notebook and salvage one.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
                X