X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help, HP omen ax236tx , no boot capslock blink 5long 3 short

Hi Everyone,

Need Help

HP omen laptop after bios update from F48 to F55 , laptop stop booting and giving caps lock led blink error 5 long and 3 short

Following checked and still getting error caps lock blink 5 long 3 short

1- RTC battery removed and waited 30min and again inserted.
    2- RAM memory Gold contacts cleaned and reseat.
    3- Power hard reset: Battery and cmos cell removed and checked
    4- Bios bin flash with working bios

Need help to diagnose the issue

Thanks

Re: Need help, HP omen ax236tx , no boot capslock blink 5long 3 short

Hi

i am facing issue of no display on my laptop , i have gone through many steps as mentioned in above posts but recently i found something strange when i open laptop cover.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this COIL , i noticed this and took a picture

It is a coil for bulk convertor +1.0Vs5_s2 near RAM slot
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
      Hi

i am facing issue of no display on my laptop , i have gone through many steps as mentioned in above posts but recently i found something strange when i open laptop cover.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this COIL , i noticed this and took a picture

It is a coil for bulk convertor +1.0Vs5_s2 near RAM slot

Any help here????

Comment

Hi

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this COIL by, i noticed this and took a picture ,

It is a coil for buck converter +1.0Vs5_s2 near RAM slot
        is this coil ok.

Comment

How did you flash BIOS & what are the Voltage missing on the coils ?

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
            How did you flash BIOS & what are the Voltage missing on the coils ?

I flashed the bios chip using Ch341a programmer black one that usb type hardware thing using clip adapter soic8. i did not check any voltages yet.

is there anything wrong with it?
            Last edited by stingerchamp; 10-14-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I flashed the bios chip using Ch341a programmer black one that usb type hardware thing using clip adapter soic8. i did not check any voltages yet.

is there anything wrong with it?
              Check all voltages now DRAMRST / SYS_PWROK

Comment

Check all voltages now DRAMRST / SYS_PWROK
                Hi

First of all thanks for your kind help

Kindly share in detail as i am unaware of the pin number for DRAMRST signal and SYSPOWEROK signal, should i check it on memory slot pin 108 or at PCH pin (dont know) and i am also attaching memorystick and memory slot pic for your reference.

I am not sure if the above schematic is valid for Quanta G35D rev D
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello
                    follow the Schematic what are the Voltages mising on the BIG GRAY COILS PL9017 ect then we will move forward

Comment

follow the Schematic what are the Voltages mising on the BIG GRAY COILS PL9017 ect then we will move forward
                      hi,
                      capslock is not flashing anymore but still no image and no backlight( no display) black screen.
                      update: first i checked laptop charger volts 19v found then i tried to check coil voltage while laptop was on and power button pressed , laptop suddenly stopped and now there is no light on power cable and neither power button is working anymore

Comment

what is the voltage on PQ1002 it's a 5 leg Mosfet check the voltage on pin 3 4 5 & find out the Coils PL2003 PL2004 voltage ? near the dc connector do you get the white or blue light ? did you accidentally short middle pin of the charger with the inner outer layer ?

Comment

what is the voltage on PQ1002 it's a 5 leg Mosfet check the voltage on pin 3 4 5 & find out the Coils PL2003 PL2004 voltage ? near the dc connector do you get the white or blue light ? did you accidentally short middle pin of the charger with the inner outer layer ?
                          hi , i was getting white led light at charging port now laptop does not have led light and not power on. i have checked charging cable plus adapter it is giving 20 volt constant is it ok?

should i check voltages while adapter plugged in or without?.

notable thing: led light thing happend when i was checking with only laptop cover removed and everything inside except battery(which is dead replacement is under process) and hard disk removed and cmos battery still inside the laptop. i did not notice maybe the cable touched the outside metal of the hinge (i did not removed hinge) plus laptop power button was on with light led before i heard a simple click and light off.
                          Last edited by stingerchamp; 10-17-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Hi

hi , i was getting white led light at charging port now laptop does not have led light and not power on. i have checked charging cable plus adapter it is giving 20 volt constant is it ok?

This motherboard has lot of caps and two coils PL1002,PL1003 and also
                            PL2003 coil is absent ( empty space )

here are the readings

charger pin is fine but no white light at port

charger CN1001 pin 1,2 ,3= 20volts

pin 3,4 of PQ1002 = 19volts

pin 5 = 19 volts( +VA)

PD1002 : pin 1 = 19 volts (+VAD)

PL2001 : pin1 and pin2= 0volts

PL2004 : pin1 and pin2= 0volts

PL6001 : pin1 and pin2= 0volts

PU3002: pin 3 , 4, 5, 6 = 0 volts

RTC battery =3volts

jumper j1 pin1 (RTC_RST#) = 3volts

R138 resistor pin1 (+ 3v_rtc_0) and pin2 (+ 3v_rtc_1) = 3volts

pin 1 diode D1 = 3volts

what to do next
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by stingerchamp; 10-18-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

hello

Comment

test voltage on R5117 ,PR1021
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  test voltage on R5117 ,PR1021
                                  R5117

pin1: 1 volt

pin2: 1 volt

PR1021= 0volt on both pins

pr1057= 0 volts also

all grey coils have 0 volts
                                  Last edited by stingerchamp; 10-18-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Hello

Need help, ALL big coils have 0 volts. should i check charger IC pins?

Comment

PQ1002-You are getting 19V at gate and that;s the problem.PIN 1/3/4/5/6 voltage?? Measure PQ1004 and see if it is working or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                        PQ1002-You are getting 19V at gate and that;s the problem.PIN 1/3/4/5/6 voltage?? Measure PQ1004 and see if it is working or not.
                                        Hi

I checked again for all measurements

connector charger voltage CN1001 : pins 1,2,3=20volts
                                        cn1001: pin8=1volt
                                        cn1001 : pin9,10:led1,led2 = 0volts

PC1002: pin2 (j1_1) = 20 volts

PR1009 : pin1=19volts ,pin 2=20 volts

PR1021: pins 1,2= 0 volts

PR1012: pin1=2, 19 volts

PR1007 :pin1= 19 volts

PR1006 :19volts both pins

PR1005 = 18volts

PQ1004 :pin 1,2= 19 volts , pin3 =18volts ,pin4=19 , pin 5,6=19 volts

PC1004=20 v

PQ1002: pin1,2,3=19 volts , pin4 =18 volts , 5,6,7,8 pins= 19 volts

PD1007: pins1,2=19 volts
                                        PD1002: pin1=19 volts

PR1038: 19 v (va_air) pin1 , pin2=1volt(ad_air)

PR1041:1volt pin1 and pin2=0

PC9110 : pin1=0 volts

PR1008 : 0 volts both pins big fuse

PC1020: pin 2= 6volts reg6v

PR1032: pin1= 3volts Vacdet

PC1018:CSIP=0v , PC1013:csin=0v

PC1008=19volt

PQ1003: pin1,2,3=0volts

PQ1003:pin5= 19volts

help

Comment

Working...