Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!$!@$!@$!@%!^$^^%@$!$@!$!@!@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: !$!@$!@$!@%!^$^^%@$!$@!$!@!@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
    well I opened it up. No burn marks, no burn holes on any mosfets, fuse is ok. Ugh, no way to tell what the fuck is bad
    I think the graphic card might be at fault. It could have been that card all along too.

The resistance of the pins at the mobo power connector could have been just high enough to keep the graphic card from frying, but when you added a new 12v connector, there was now much less resistance, causing the graphic card to go kaput.

Do you know what smoked on the graphic card? Was it the graphic chip or one of the vrm mosfets or diodes?
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Maybe I missed it but did no-one think to blame the PSU for this?
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

no actual smoke, just a burning smell from around one of the vrms near the connectors
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
          no actual smoke, just a burning smell from around one of the vrms near the connectors
          See, I think you stressed out the VRM causing it to fail, usually they don't fail under normal operating conditions. I think its just a coincidence that it happened right after you did the mobo connector mod.

Of course you could try to replace the VRM components to try to fix it
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I was thinking. I checked the fuse, its ok. so yeah. I'll post a pic

it was probably the power supply. Probably fucked up enough to overvolt that line, though hmmm the motherboard wasn't damaged. Still refused to stay on tho. doh well. hey whats that goop they use to insulate joints on boards?

Comment

boy computers really fucking hate me today

my laptop has been having this issue where I pull the screen forward a little bit the inverter will shut off. I hit the lid sensor quickly enough and it turns it back on without initiating sleep mode

well I decided to fix this, as it did some thing similar a few months back, taking the screen off and jiggling around the wires fixes it. This time, it did not. Infact, it worked, until I put the screen cover back on. over and over. Then I smelled something burning. the fucking pink wire to the lamp had burnt in half :O

I stripped the insul off the sides and hooked it back together, worked fucking fine. soldered it, put some electrical tape over it, and put the cover on. fucking works great

only real problem is the where over the inverter is dosen't go all the way down. its annoying as hell but oh well

Comment

Working...
              X