Like New Nautilus Exercise Bike has Dead Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Like New Nautilus Exercise Bike has Dead Panel

is it a h or h2 sot 223 package as pin layout is different one the top tab goes too ground the other one dosnt as its a v out pin
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-03-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      is it a h or h2 sot 223 package as pin layout is different one the top tab goes too ground the other one dosnt
      GH16D 4266J2

Comment

dosnt look like ground put your black probe on ground what voltage do you get on the tab?

Comment

dosnt look like ground put your black probe on ground what voltage do you get on the tab?
          0.7v on pin 1
          7.2v (middle pin - Vout) * I measured this several times b/c I was expecting 5v (turns out it should actually be 3.3v)
          8.7v (right pin - Vin)
          Last edited by vestaviascott; 09-03-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

the top oblong tab above those pins do you get 7.2v on that too?

Comment

the top oblong tab above those pins do you get 7.2v on that too?
              Exactly. Yes.

Comment

AZ1117CH-3.3TRG1 Marking GH16D this should be a 3.3 volt regulator
                Pin one should be connected to ground which would be that checker board pattered trace

You could remove the regulator and supply 3 volts to the output trace from a power supply or 3v battery and see if it powers up, likely if you have 7 volts there now, other parts down the line could be damaged.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by R_J; 09-03-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vestaviascott View Post
                  Exactly. Yes.
                  i would replace this voltage regulator just get the correct package type.h package if im correct?
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-03-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                    AZ1117CH-3.3TRG1 Marking GH16D this should be a 3.3 volt regulator
                    I've already ordered the part. Here's what I've ordered, if you or anyone can confirm this is the correct part I'd appreciate it (before it ships):

AZ1117CH-3.3TRG1DICT-ND
                    AZ1117CH-3.3TRG1

Pin one should be connected to ground which would be that checker board pattered trace
                    By "Pin 1" you mean the pin on the left as in my pic in Post #62 of RG1 above, correct? That's the one I'm getting 0.7v reading on.

You could remove the regulator and supply 3 volts to the output trace from a power supply or 3v battery and see if it powers up, likely if you have 7 volts there now, other parts down the line could be damaged.
                    "to the output trace" is where on the board in refrerence to the image I posted (Post #62) of RG1 above?

Comment

i would replace this voltage regulator just get the correct package type.h2 package if im correct?
                      Just to clarify for the part I need to order, H2 in the diagram below has ground on center pin. However, I'm getting output voltage reading on center pin and the larger oblong connection point on the top of the chip as indicated earlier in reply in post #66. Both those pins are reading 7.2v. The pin one (left pin in my pic in Post #62 above) is reading 0.7v and I'm considering that ground.

All to say, I believe I need to order the "H package" as indicated in the pic below.

Last edited by vestaviascott; 09-03-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

sorry my mistake it is the h package thats why i got you too measure the top tab to confirm in the meantime like r_j suggests maybe remove the old part use a 3v supply that way if you have other faulty parts you can place just one order.

Comment

Check the resistance between pin1 (left pin) and GND pin that I told you to use to see what resistance you get.
                          GH16D is the fixed 3.3V regulator so pin 1 is GND, if it is adjustable type then pin1 will be ADJ, you have 3.3V fixed so pin 1 is GND.
                          Hopefully the circuit will not not be damaged when it is fed by >7V instead of 3.3V.
                          Last edited by budm; 09-03-2018, 12:50 PM.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            Check the resistance between pin1 (left pin) and GND pin that I told you to use to see what resistance you get.
                            Resistance between GND reference point on lower board and Pin 1 of RG1 is 0.3

Is that expected?
                            Last edited by vestaviascott; 09-03-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

...in the meantime like r_j suggests maybe remove the old part use a 3v supply that way if you have other faulty parts you can place just one order.
                              I'd like to do that, yes. I'm just not sure how and where to connect a 3v supply to the board where I remove the part.

Comment

output pin 3v positive, negitive on ground im sure budm will confirm.

Comment

You have H package not H2, so put 3.3V power supply negative to circuit GND, + to where the big tab is. You should try to turn on both power supplies at the same time.
                                  BTW, it may or may not run at 3V.
                                  Last edited by budm; 09-03-2018, 01:15 PM.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

You have H package not H2, so put 3.3V power supply negative to circuit GND, + to where the big tab is
                                    OK, next question is where would you guys suggest I may be able to get a power supply that outputs variable power settings (one of those being 3.3 volts)? Harbor Freight? I have a 25% off coupon if so, lol.

You should try to turn on both power supplies at the same time.
                                    BTW, it may or may not run at 3V.
                                    So, plugin the bike's power adapter and also apply 3.3v to this RG1's +trace location?
                                    Last edited by vestaviascott; 09-03-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

old computer psu if you dont have a bench psu handy i was going too suggest two aa batteries but not sure if enough voltage?
                                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 09-03-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Bud, thanks for all the helpful info! Can you let me know what I should infer from the resistance measure below?

Resistance between GND reference point on lower board and Pin 1 of RG1 is 0.3

Is that expected?

Comment

old computer psu if you dont have a bench psu handy i was going too suggest two aa batteries but not sure if enough voltage?
                                          This work?

https://www.amazon.com/GEREE-Adjusta.../dp/B019YXLWZA

Or perhaps this since the first one above apparently is not able to support less than 4 volts on the LED readout:
                                          https://www.amazon.com/DROK-180057-C.../dp/B019RKVMKU

Last edited by vestaviascott; 09-03-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X