Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help identifying those caps on that graphics card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help identifying those caps on that graphics card?

so the graphics card is KFA² brand
    it's the GTX970 Black Exoc Sniper Edition

and my question's about the origins of the caps on that card

https://images.bit-tech.net/content_...970exoc-7b.jpg

specifically the ones on the left (the ones on the right are FP they're japanese quality right?)

I find it odd that the ones on the left are not the same brand as the high-end ones on the right

which leads me to believe they're lower quality probably chinese & I'm not even sure they're true solid caps

so basically the 2 questions are :

1) are those real solid caps?

2) what brand?

any experts here could shed a light plz?

ps. the constructor's an unknown brand Galax. not exactly the same reputation as MSI with their military class components, so I must assume KFA2/Galax used cheaper components for that card especially the caps on the left hence this topic
    Last edited by CapPun; 11-07-2018, 10:45 AM.

Re: need help identifying those caps on that graphics card?

look them up.
    http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/solidcapacitor.html

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      I've the same site - those caps aint on it

mine end with D0 & they start with voltage number
      none of the caps in the list start with voltage (not even the ones without name)

at any rate I smell low-end chinese solid at best. that sux

I mean WHY did they use high-end ones on the right & low-end ones on the left? to save money?
      that means the ones on the left will blow up & take the card with it. putting high-end ones on the right is useless then
      Last edited by CapPun; 11-07-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

manufacturers typically mix n match good quality and low quality caps on psus, mobos and graphic cards simply just to get it to barely outlive or outlast the warranty. then u have to buy a new one if it fails. modern planned obsolescence at its finest...

momaka has lots of 8600 gt cards like that. it has one chemicon psc jap poly cap and the rest are blow-me-up sacon fz junk caps.
        Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 11-07-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
          manufacturers typically mix n match good quality and low quality caps on psus, mobos and graphic cards simply just to get it to barely outlive or outlast the warranty. then u have to buy a new one if it fails. modern planned obsolescence at its finest...

momaka has lots of 8600 gt cards like that. it has one chemicon psc jap poly cap and the rest are blow-me-up sacon fz junk caps.
          figured as much

AFAIK only MSI uses 100% jap solid caps (even Gigabyte & Asus use non-jap ones though I've heard they use Apaq solids which is more reputed than average chin caps)

so what do you think the caps on the left of this card are?
          are they even true solids?

Comment

chinese poly's are fine, only electrolytics have the problems of mfr

Comment

so what could this brand be? (the closest in the list is Capxon but even that one dont match)

Comment

Working...
              X