Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LENOVO G50-80 will not turn on :(

Hello all
    i have lenovo g50-80 and my power source had broken cable (20V output) .
    So i try fixed this ,but I did not study what the pin is all about. So i connected 20V to signal pin the middle one "ADAPTER_ID" pin (pin 3 of JDCIN1).... then i try plug in my "FIX" connector to notebook ,but immediately turn off , just dead .

So i pulled out the motherboard and trying fix it but dont know where to start .
    Pls help i will try everything.

Thanks(and sorry for my bad english).

Re: LENOVO G50-80 will not turn on

To begin with , your sio chip is likely to be fried(ITE8XXX). Check that first

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      To begin with , your sio chip is likely to be fried(ITE8XXX). Check that first
      Agree, you have to replace IT8586E Chip.

Comment

Hello guys

So i start measuring and i find short circuit on this chip . just i have some questions

I m looking here https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/IT8586E.html
        and this is what i found .

1,12,27,49,91,113,122 is ground (VSS)
        and i have short with

26,50,92,114,124,127 what is VSTBY

70,71,73 what is ADC Interface (3.3V CMOS I/F)

3 what is VBAT but they are writing If VBAT is not used, tie this pin to ground. is okey i gues

What sould i do first replace this chip ? Or find next shorts circuit ? And What do you thing it is only this chip bad or i sould waiting more short circuit ?i will try everythig i want learn.

Thx guys for help .

Comment

do you have the schematic?
          if not, try this https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=lenovo+g50

i'm sure you will understand what @mcplslg123 & @Weelcup said about it

Comment

Originally posted by siballa View Post
            Hello guys

So i start measuring and i find short circuit on this chip . just i have some questions

I m looking here https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/IT8586E.html
            and this is what i found .

1,12,27,49,91,113,122 is ground (VSS)
            and i have short with

26,50,92,114,124,127 what is VSTBY

70,71,73 what is ADC Interface (3.3V CMOS I/F)

3 what is VBAT but they are writing If VBAT is not used, tie this pin to ground. is okey i gues

What sould i do first replace this chip ? Or find next shorts circuit ? And What do you thing it is only this chip bad or i sould waiting more short circuit ?i will try everythig i want learn.

Thx guys for help .
            Keep your head cool and remove the kbc ITEXXXX. After removal of kbc, clean the pads on pcb and then again check for shorts on those pins which you have measured. If the shorts are gone, then check resistance to gnd on each coil and jumpers to see if anything else is short. That's the approach i suggest. Good luck.

Btw, If you are sure, there is no more shorts-you can plug the ac adapter(without the kbc) and see if anything else is getting hot or not.

Comment

Okey thx guys i will let you know what i find. one more thx

Comment

Hello boys So i remove IT8586E and i dont have datasheet for IT8586E , what i linked is IT8512E and i dont know if pins are same or not , So i need help what i sould measure or where i find some documentation .

I have Compal NM-A272 ACLU1 , ACLU2 UMA DDR3 REV 1.0 - Lenovo G40-70 documentation and what i measured it look okey no short . i think IT8586E AX and IT8586E FX have same pins ..
                But What do you thing what should i check ?what should i measure?thx guys !

My new IT8586E (programed) is on my way.just want know that board is okey

Comment

Working...
                X