Elite GP series datasheet anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite GP series datasheet anyone ?

I'm working on a monitor powersupply and I'm trying to source the Elite GP series datasheet so I can replace the caps with better ones.

Elite's homepage don't have the GP series listed and I can't find it anywhere else either.
    If it matters the other Elite cap next to it is an ED series with low esr and high ripple current capability.

Can you help ?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Elite GP series datasheet anyone ?

what is the temperature rating?

Comment

The GP cap is marked as 165 and the the ED cap is 105.
      Attached Files

Comment

maybe - just maybe:
        Attached Files

Comment

It might be that one - I took the GP cap off and esr measures 0.02-0.03 , case size is correct but temperature markings is not if it's the actually temperature we see on this cap.

I think the cap is ok, so I will solder it back in.

Comment

When it comes to caps on SMPS, particularly on LCD monitors, I hardly ever bother to look in datasheets anymore. For SMPS, you generally need just good entry-level to mid-grade low-ESR caps with long life (due to many monitors running very hot inside.)

Usually, the likes of Panasonic FC, United Chemicon KY & LXZ, Rubycon YXJ, along with Nichicon PW, PS, PM, PJ, & HE tend to be my standard choices. If not, I go a little lower with the ESR.

Comment

Working...
            X