Albatron PX865PE Pro full of bulging GSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albatron PX865PE Pro full of bulging GSC

The title speaks for itself, I just want to add that there are 11 GSC LE 1000uF 6.3V 8mm, all bad. The rest of the small caps are GSC too, not bulging though.

I am going to recap only the bulging ones using caps from dead motherboards.

Photos will be posted on the bad caps photo montage thread too.
    Attached Files

Re: Albatron PX865PE Pro full of bulging GSC

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
    I am going to recap only the bulging ones using caps from dead motherboards.
    I'm sending my snake your way...
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I used OST RLZ

Comment

Shame on you!!!!

Once my snake is done there, Toasty's cat will probably be on to you next
        Last edited by c_hegge; 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
          I used OST RLZ
          Hey, anything is better than puking GSCs .

Originally posted by c_hegge
          Shame on you!!!!
          It's a pretty standard Pentium 4 motherboard (or isn't it?). Why bother with new caps?

I have 2x 0.5 kg jars full of pulled caps from Xbox 360s. Some of them are polys, some of them are electrolytics (actually most). And quite a few of them have suffered through very high heat (most of those 360s were reflowed at least once!). But I use them anyways. Haven't had a problem yet and I have 2 recapped motherboards with those that I use fairly regularly.

Comment

I occasionally re-use Rubycons and Pannies off boards which aren't that old and haven't been stressed, but I only pull OSTs off boards if I intend to use them as fireworks.

Comment

I ran out of stock and used 2 KZGs too... They have much lower esr than the original GSC caps that were there. I hope this may help them last.

I replaced only the bad caps, so there are still GSC on that board... Too ashamed to post pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
                but I only pull OSTs off boards if I intend to use them as fireworks.
                Funny.

2 years ago, I recapped a TV with OSTs that I pulled from a Shuttle computer. The OSTs I used were in unknown condition since there were other OSTs of the same series and voltage/capacitance that were bulged in that computer. But I had no other choice. The Stone caps in it looked seriously domed. I doubt you can get anything worse than that.
                The TV was for some friends of my family and they hinted that if it takes too long to get new parts for the TV, then I can keep it and they would buy a new TV. I didn't want the damn thing, though, because it has a 19" screen and can only do 640x480. Basically I'd have no use for it, and in this area I wouldn't get much for it if I tried to sell it. So I recapped it quickly and gave it back. 3 weeks later I ordered some caps, took the TV back for a few hours, recapped it, and returned it again. The OSTs I pulled out of it were still fine, so back they went in my "reuse with caution" pulled caps bin .

FYI, I also did a recap yesterday of an old Deer PSU with some non-bulged Fuhjyyu caps. It works great now (for powering small stuff, which is what I needed that PSU for anyways).

Originally posted by goodpsusearch
                I ran out of stock and used 2 KZGs too...
                If you were closer, I would send you some KZJs too to compliment the KZGs .
                Last edited by momaka; 11-13-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                  Shame on you!!!!

Once my snake is done there, Toasty's cat will probably be on to you next

You mean this one...?

T
                  Attached Files
                  veritas odium parit

Comment

^
                    Yup, that one

Comment

Just like my $2 replacement PSU, my PC went from Teapo to Fuhjyyu to keep running!

Comment

Working...
                      X