This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Phil, just looking for some advice on fixing a dodguy plasma I've been lumbered with, cheers in advance

Comment

Hi -
      I'm John and have a small computer repair business in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi.
      Glad I found this forum for board level repairs !

Comment

Originally posted by baytech3 View Post
        Hi -
        I'm John and have a small computer repair business in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi.
        Glad I found this forum for board level repairs !
        Note to Admin Please edit post if I inadvertently violated TOS.
        John

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Came across this forum as I am looking some help with my TV, I can be quite techie but very fearful of blowing myself into the next room as well.

Hugh

Comment

Hi I am BgaGuy my skills are rework and component level repairs.

Comment

Hi I'm Caleb and when my fancy (thrift store) monitor quit on me I ended up here. I currently live in Woodland, California. I've zero experience replacing components, so thank you all for your expertise and helpful info!

Comment

Crazy ex Californio living in Virginia now thanks to being kicked out of the Navy. i did TV/VCR repair working for a small repair shop while in HS, now I'm just a multi-tool for my boss. I come here to reminisce on the old times when people would pay to have their gear fixed. I blame China and Walmart for the 'disposable electronics' culture I saw start in the late 90's.

Comment

Hi, I am an automotive test technician. I enjoy repairing rather than replacing. I have always wanted to take my diagnostics to the board level but never got around to taking my game to the next level. I have a Pico and Fluke oscilloscope along with a collection of fluke meters so equipment is not an issue.
                  I have taken on a Samsung LN32B360C5D TV that turns on and shuts off right away. It was my father in-laws and was headed for the trash.
                  I look forward to interacting with the group.
                  Regards,
                  Rich

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here and looking for help on diagnosing the problem with my Samsung LCD TV.

Comment

Hi my name is Marko from Ireland and little knowledge of chip level repair and would like to learn more thx

Comment

Hi, my name's Doron, I don't have that much experience in board repairs (just a bit of basic electronics from a class I took as a kid).

Comment

Hi all.

I had a quick question I was hoping somebody could help with.

I'm fixing a bad LCD screen, and bought a screen specific kit off ebay, but the uF values don't match up.

The one I pulled out was 25v 220uF, and the closest in the kit I bought was 25v 470uF (and a 25v 100uF).

Can I use the 470uF one?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi

My name is Ian and I'm from the UK, have joined this forum to get some help with a faulty monitor.
                            I'm a calibration engineed so am happy replacing componets etc. just finding it hard to get inside to make a start

Comment

Hi everyone I found this forum while searching for information on my plasma TV. It's a very informative forum with a lot of knowledgeable people and I hope to expand my knowledge about electronics.
                              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by columnmn View Post
                                Hi all.

I had a quick question I was hoping somebody could help with.

I'm fixing a bad LCD screen, and bought a screen specific kit off ebay, but the uF values don't match up.

The one I pulled out was 25v 220uF, and the closest in the kit I bought was 25v 470uF (and a 25v 100uF).

Can I use the 470uF one?

Thanks!
                                Please post your question in the LCD monitor section, including details like model of your LCD, where you bought the kit from, which values don't match up, etc etc.
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Hi I'm here to see if I can work out whats wrong with my TV.

Comment

Um. My TV is broken. I googled search for the answer and have arrived here. Hope to be able to fix it using the expertise from this site.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is Matt I'm 34 an married with 1 boy. Who are my world. I have cystic fibrosis an just received a double lung transplant on Dec with. I'm very thankful to be alive an have my 2nd chance of life an to have my marriage an son as we had just got married in Aug an I got sick in Oct so we didn't have much to time being married. As I went in the hospital in Oct 3 put in coma til Dec with then received my New lungs the with of Dec. Which I consider the best Xmas present ever. I actually got out of the hospital in the beginning of March. Which I've had to relearn to walk an so on. I live in Morgantown wv.

Comment

Looking for help with LG 32LD450. We own four LG's and love them until now. Found this website and you seem to know what you are talking about. I live on a lake in Alabama now, but lived in Atlanta for many years. Not many places to take our TV's to for service in this small town. Thanks for having this site.

Our television in question will not turn on.....only red flashing light. We have already replaced the power board.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm an electronic hobbyist with a degree Manufacturing Engineering Technology in the Kansas City area. Hoping to use the information on this site to expand my knowledge as well as contribute to others.

Comment

Working...
                                          X