ASUS K8V-X doesn't turn on after BIOS battery replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS K8V-X doesn't turn on after BIOS battery replacement

Two weeks ago my PC turned on with the BIOS window, due to battery failure it lost all settings.

I switched it off and I replaced the battery (CR2032) but when I turned it on with my big surprise the display was black.
    I switched the PC off and I removed the power cable, then I moved the jumper to clear CMOS and after ten seconds I moved it back.
    I turned the PC on but nothing changed... the screen was still black, the LED power and the HDD Led were on.

OK my Asus K8V-X was full of OST caps and only 3 CHEMI-CON but was working well... so as last desperate attempt to fix the board I replaced all caps with good Panasonic caps.

Unfortunately nothing changed... when I switch the MOBO on the CPU FAN moves but nothing appears on screen. I changed RAM, power supply, AGP videocard... I tried also a PCI videocard...
    I don't ear any BEEP if I remove RAM, videocard...

So I'm here to ask if it is possible to kill a MOBO just replacing the BIOS battery or if I'm missing something...

I know it is a 9 year old MOBO but was working quite well for me... and I hate to move all my stuff on a new PC... but if I can try something else to resume my PC I will try.

Thanks
    Gianni
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Re: ASUS K8V-X doesn't turn on after BIOS battery replacement

I have bought a new BIOS and I replaced the old one, now the MOBO starts and th PC runs well.

I have still a problem: if I unplug the PC when I turn it on I get the message "checksum error" and I must correct the date and time. If I turn it off and I leave it connect to mains, when I turn it on everything is OK.

The battery is new but it looks like it doesn't feed the chip.
    What should I have to investigate?
    Is there anybody can help me?

TIA
    Gianni
    Last edited by Gianni; 10-26-2013, 09:13 AM.
    "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins...Not through strength, but through persistence."
    H. J. Brown

Comment

Working...
    X