This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I found this forum while I was searching information for a faulty Plasma TV
    My name is Nick, I am from Greece and I like repairing stuff (whatever it brakes at the house)

Maybe in the next days (when I have more free time) I will post my TV problem to try troubleshooting with help from others.

Comment

Hello from snowy Michigan.
      Ass. degree electronics from Schoolcraft Community College.
      Master Electrician State Licence Michigan

My Samsung is broke and looking for blink codes for it....

Comment

Hi my Name is Marc and I found this site on a parts search for an sharp 46" Aquos LCD TV I found in the garbage an currently attempting to fix.I have some knowledge in PC mobo troubleshooting and repair.

Comment

Hi looking for advice on my faulty plasma 60 PS8000
          Many thanks

Comment

Hey guys,
            My name is Abe.
            I used to do computers repair, software and hardware, but when my friend's TV died, they asked me if I wanted to have it, and said yes It was a 32" Kodak LCD. I opened it, and it was my first tv to open. I immediately noticed 3 bad capacitors. Ordered them online with my first cheap soldering gun (still have it.)
            Few days I had nice running tv.

That got me in working on tv as really for fun and some extra money.

Happy to be here.

Comment

My name is Erlich and i am from the beautiful mountain west. I have been repairing junk hardware for years and have looked to this forum on occasion for help. I consider myself a geek at heart but measure my money in finance. Gotta pay the bills. I look Tigard to assisting others severe i can and learning what i can from those who know much more than myself.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm Dave. I've worked for Apple in the past,
                and have a pretty good history of repairing LCDs and electronics in general.

This seems like a useful place for finding others with experience
                to help troubleshoot and diagnose/fix problems.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Brandon. I live in British Columbia, Canada and have a career in software engineering. I have been able to successfully recap two devices, a monitor and a PSU, from the valuable information on this site and I seek advice on a third.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Tom. I live in Minnesota (where it is very cold right now) and I have been studying and working on electronics since age 12. I currently run my own business that specializes in computer and flat screen TV repair.

I joined this forum to get some more insight on the exciting field of electronics and to get help when I need it. I hope that you welcome me with open arms and I hope that I can in turn provide some of my expertise and experiences to this forum.

Thanks
                    Tom
                    Computer and Small electronics troubleshooting and repair

Comment

Hi My name is Ryan, and I am from Nanaimo, BC. I am an electronics engineering technologist, and I work as a Biomed. So basically I repair all kinds of stuff for a living.

I have an LG plasma that just died on me, and I am hoping to get some good troubleshooting advice. I would hate to throw out a plasma with how rare they are becoming!!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comment

Hello Folks

I'm Alessandro. I presently live in Italy and I'm trying to repair my faulty Marantz 1120. I particularly love it because it was my first amplifier (bought new in 1974 !!)
                        Hope to find some help here!
                        All the best to everyone.

Comment

Hi I'm Roman from Germany.

Comment

Hey everyone. Monitor failed today so I came here hoping to figure out what's wrong with it

Comment

I am a rookie needing help I have been repairing tv, computers and other electronics for some time but I am no pro. I have a fuse blow problem I cannor trace and I need the help of folks just like yourself, have I found the right home?

Bizziar1
                              Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

A17f6fpw power board with the dreaded fuse blow problem, has anyone traced it to the short?

Bizziar1

Originally posted by bizziar1 View Post
                                I am a rookie needing help I have been repairing tv, computers and other electronics for some time but I am no pro. I have a fuse blow problem I cannor trace and I need the help of folks just like yourself, have I found the right home?

Bizziar1

Comment

Hi,

my name is James, and I'm enjoying learning to fix broken things!

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                    I'm not really new to this site as I've been using tips from here for years. But I finally decided to register.

Cheers to all.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi all!

My name is Matt. I'm a mechanical engineer living in Washington State. I've always enjoyed tinkering with electronics and fixing things when I can. I hope that by using the information on this site, I can further develop my skills and finish some of the projects I've got laying around

Comment

To whom it may concern,

I go by J or on this forum, Coldfuse. Feel free to call me either.

A tid-bit about me, I'm currently a college student obtaining his AA to transfer into a Bachelor program for my Bachelors of Computer Science. I've always had a natural itch for technology and that's what has driven me my entire life to dive deep into the hive.

What has brought me here was fairly enough is search for a solution for my current predicament, a suspected blown Backlight Fuse on a board which I'm unable to obtain schematics for and as a last resort because my hardware knowledge is not what it should be to solve this issue myself, I am taking the effort to reach out to the technical community online in hopes of a resolution and look forward to continuing my membership thereafter.

Thanks, J.

Comment

Working...
                                          X