Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How ca I use an SPDT 5V relay to reverse NC switch in 3.5mm jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How ca I use an SPDT 5V relay to reverse NC switch in 3.5mm jack?

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
    If it "for sure works", then there's no need to answer the question posed, right?

(Or, do you have some nonstandard way of defining "works" that includes "not working"?)
    I love Veterans and mods that are a**holes. Also, to make a call to your "student that doesn't want to learn": how about the student being dependent on subjects that have nothing to do with what they signed up for. I signed up for maths, programming and physics. Guess what we learn the most! Biology, organic chemistry, history and literature. But I don't want to learn… That's why I'm asking questions here, so people ignore them. For example: Wouldn't returning audio signal instead of 5V cause intermittent disconnect/connect issues?. But I don't want to learn. People can't wait to be helpful.

Mod, please delete this thread, it turned into a huge fight.

Comment

Re: How ca I use an SPDT 5V relay to reverse NC switch in 3.5mm jack?

Originally posted by antoniu200 View Post
      I love Veterans and mods that are a**holes.
      Yes, and we love WHINY *ssholes who just repeat stupid questions without rational basis ignoring WORKABLE solutions that have already been posted.

[whiny comments about his dysfunctional school system -- run for local office!]

But I don't want to learn… That's why I'm asking questions here, so people ignore them. For example: Wouldn't returning audio signal instead of 5V cause intermittent disconnect/connect issues?. But I don't want to learn. People can't wait to be helpful.
      You seem equally EAGER to ignore the help that has been offered. Instead, you repeat irrelevant questions as if that somehow will make them LESS nonsensical. (didn't work too well for you in that September thread, now, did it?) You're more concerned with getting answers to your silly questions than THINKING about the comments/solutions that others have offered (i.e., if you're not willing to give careful, reasoned consideration to the comments folks here have made, why should they give careful, reasoned consideration to the questions you're posing??)

LEARN. Put 100V DC on the input and see what happens (your past experience, here, suggests you wouldn't take any of our advice on whether or not to do this, so TRY it!). Then, reverse the polarity and repeat the experiment. Then, increase it to 200V. Then, try AC. Please submit your findings, in triplicate -- accompanied by a detailed analysis.

Replace the 3.5mm jack with a 1/4" and see if the problem changes.

Reorient the connector so that it faces magnetic north and note the results.

Note if there is any difference between classical music being played vs. Jazz.

Install the latest Windows updates and see how that behaves.

Install Linux and see if anything changes.

etc.

Sound silly? That's what your questions sound like!

I know if I had that problem, I'd just pull another IDENTICAL/similar sound card out and replace the BROKEN one. (Gee, someone made that suggestion, here...) Then, if I wanted to LEARN, spend a day unsoldering components and TRACING FOILS to see how the defective component interfaced with the CIRCUIT and why the proposed replacement component wouldn't work in its place.

Instead, you're just throwing random, uncorrelated and irrelevant ideas tot he wind and wondering why no one says "Eureka! THAT's the solution!!"

Until you understand the thing you're trying to fix/alter, you're just flailing about...

Comment

Working...
      X