Elite Brand Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Brand Capacitors

Wondering If anyone can help identify a replacement capacitor for the one pictured. They are Elite brand PB series from a packard Bell Multimedia 486 motherboard. I have tested all caps on the board and have found 5 with a really high esr value. I have had no luck finding a datasheet for these caps.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for the lackluster pics but I could not get any camera i have to focus properly on the small caps. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Elite Brand Capacitors

This is the company who makes Elite brand capacitors, http://www.chinsan.com/products/alum...-type-general/ . I don't see a PB series, however. I'm guessing that MB is on the order of 20 or 25 years old, so something like Nichicon PW or Chemicon LXZ series may be as good or better as the original parts.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thanks for the Help I look for several days for any info on these.

Comment

It may not even require LOW ESR capacitors: note how they are quite far spaced out from the RAM and CPU.
        And also realize that 27 years ago capacitors with LOW ESR where not that common.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
        X